Windscreen wiper hits the car on full speed.. (overshoots)

So it was pouring down like crazy and for the first time I had to use my wipers on full speed and then I keep hearing this banging noise. I pulled over to the nearest servo (which is where I recorded my video) and I saw that when on full speed the drivers side windscreen wiper overshoots and it keeps hitting the car. (you can even hear it in the video). Kind of ****** me off because the wiper has caused some minor surface damage to the paint <_< <_<

What do I do to fix this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GUwa6TBK8s

Take a photo of your wipers in their fully parked position. Best to do this from inside the engine bay after lifting the bonnet. It may be that for some reason, you wipers were removed and when they were replaced, they were put back on a notch or two towards the anti-clockwise direction. To fix that, you can remove the nut that holds the wiper on, lift them off and rotate it clockwise one or two notches on the spline and re-secure the nut.

yep 2+ to this. when travelling to sydney, my mrs hit a bird and bent the wiper (actually it just loosened the bolt and the wipers were hitting the bottom part past the windscreen. just do as djkor said and it'll be fine.

but when u replace the blades, the whole arm shouldn't move right?

Take a photo of your wipers in their fully parked position. Best to do this from inside the engine bay after lifting the bonnet. It may be that for some reason, you wipers were removed and when they were replaced, they were put back on a notch or two towards the anti-clockwise direction. To fix that, you can remove the nut that holds the wiper on, lift them off and rotate it clockwise one or two notches on the spline and re-secure the nut.

Cheers mate! I will do this. I've removed wipers before so I'll hopefully know what I'm doing lol. Been so busy lately I literally haven't had time to fix this yet or come on TOCA for couple of days <_<

yep 2+ to this. when travelling to sydney, my mrs hit a bird and bent the wiper (actually it just loosened the bolt and the wipers were hitting the bottom part past the windscreen. just do as djkor said and it'll be fine.

but when u replace the blades, the whole arm shouldn't move right?

Stupid birds :lol:

Well I fixed it today. Pretty simple as DJKOR said. Just remove the bolt and remove the wiper and reposition the teeth a bit lower. Much better now.

It did however take me at least 5 tries of trying to get it perfect. First it was too low, then too high etc. Now it's sitting perfectly without hitting or touching anything. :)