rattle when turning right

Hi guys

I just put new rims on the car and a ces exhaust and ive noticed every time i turn right at around 40 to 60km i get a rattle, knocking noise that sounds like its coming from the rear of the car. I suspect it might be the rear strut bolts have come loose slightly ( 5,000km ago i put king springs lows/super low combo) or maybe it could be when the exhaust guys put the wheels on they didn’t put the wheels on correctly ( the wheel nuts all feel very tight though).

Just asking what else do you guys think it could be, want to make sure I have checked every thing when i take the rear carpet out as its a bit of a time consuming process to take it all off , then put it back on and realise i should have checked something else while the rear carpets were off lol.

p.s i thought it may have been the rear bushings as the springs may have fallen out of place when the car was raised to change wheels (running standard shocks) but the springs "seem" to be sitting in the bushings correctly". I will be getting the car serviced this week should i ask them to check any specific areas.

(I do not notice any knocking when turning left or driving over bumps.... only rattle/knocking noise when turning right)

Thanks

Dave

No never had this problem bud, I'm stabbing the dark with that one cause you said it was after u got ur ces exhaust

Ok cheers any way for bringing it up.

Its defenetly the exhaust hitting the heat shield , or along the lines of that. Has any one had exerpince with rob bliss exhausts in brisbane, hopefully they will fix it for free as tehy did install the exhaust.

Red sportivo was your rattle a very squeeky kinda rattle? Ive also got a another rattle thats very high pitched and squeeky. This rattle has appeared after wheel and exhaust change over and its a constant rattle unless i am not moving, drives me a little crazy if the stereo is off and the windows are up ;P. I dont think theres much i can do about this rattle though as it would be almost imposible to find in the car.....

Thanks

Dave

hey dave, another guy i know with a ces exaust has the same problem, just before the muffler the bend will hit when you turn, get the exaust shop to check it out for you, best fix is a slightly longer rear hanger i believe. remember its not the exaust shops fault they only fitted it , they didnt make it for your car :P

Okay mine wasnt that bad, but i also had another problem in the middle part of your car slightly towards the rear near the resonator my exhaust place stuck like a bracket thing and the exhaust was scraping on that also and felt like the exhaust was hitting my car, and if its a rattal check the bolt on your cat converter isnt loose, mine blew off -.- and dont ask me how i know so much of these problems because this exhaust gave me a big headace and i made them give me a whole new one for free :D

Well the ones going from the cat to the resonator of mine blew off, not the other side but check both. but see you should be having to do this go to your exhaust take the guy for a drive show him the noise try work out which part of exhaust coming from and go to the hoist lift up your car and try make it happen thats what i did with mine.

All i'm saying is check the workmanship where you got it fitted, I had a ring loose near the resonator ringing like crazy

Nice pic BTW

whitstivo

looks like it was just hitting the heat shield , perfect service from rob bliss once again , highly recomended.

cheers for every ones advice, and cheers whitestivo , the previous owner of the wheels recomended white on silver ..... i guess he was right ;P.

Dave