OPA53N's 2010 Aurion

OPA53N

Hey Guys

Just some quick shots I took the other day. Its still stocko but looking to get some rims and lower it later.

I'm open to some suggestions for rims... I cant seem make my mind up.

hope you like:)

post-21903-0-06221000-1297247068_thumb.j

post-21903-0-17681400-1297247089_thumb.j

post-21903-0-79902300-1297247108_thumb.j

post-21903-0-89782800-1297247128_thumb.j

post-21903-0-38837700-1297247212_thumb.j

post-21903-0-99019400-1297247334_thumb.j

post-21903-0-46365400-1297247352_thumb.j

post-21903-0-77584500-1297247362_thumb.j

post-21903-0-35727600-1297247399_thumb.j

Thanks

I have to admit it took me a while for those clear tail lights to grow on me..

Im a massive fan of the series one tail lights. But I defiantly like the way the series two look at night.

You were quick on doing what I call the simple but important visual aesthetics. You got those bright parker replacements and some LED parkers. You even got the slimline weathershields which are a nice touch. Are you thinking of 19's or 20's for your wheels? Anything else you plan on doing in addition to that and lowering it?

Oh upgrading to LEDs was a must! I even did all the interior lights. Its just soo much better now.

The slimline weathershields are a nice touch they actually came with it as it was an exdemo model.

Im thinking more towards 19's for the rims but I'm to spoiled with choice...

I'm planning on sticking with the rims and lowering it for now as I have to ease the missus into modifications slowly... (or ill never hear the end of it! lol) Ive already heard "Its a new car what could possibly need to be done on it!" haha

Ill probably stick a k&n panel filter in it soon aswell..

One thing that absolutely ****s me is the big hole in the rear bar for the tow bar. Not cool. Ive been trying to come up with some sort of nice plug to try and hide it as I wont be doing any towing with it. Such a shame they have to cut that dirty big hole in it.... :angry:

One thing that absolutely ****s me is the big hole in the rear bar for the tow bar. Not cool. Ive been trying to come up with some sort of nice plug to try and hide it as I wont be doing any towing with it. Such a shame they have to cut that dirty big hole in it.... :angry:

Oh wow! That is a big hole... Swap your bumper to a pre-facelift sportivo? Very costly but that hole does nothing for the cars looks

Also for your rim choice, here's a set you CAN'T use

netzgreyBIG.jpg

Because I call dibs on 'em already :P

Btw the car looks great

Nice ride mate :D Will be watching this thread with anticipation. Can't say I'm a fan of the new tail lights, but at least they alright on the silver. Not a fan of where Toyota put the "Aurion" badges on the side of the car either. I'd be debadging them at least, but that's only me. Other people like them. In either case I can't wait to see what happens next :D

Nice car mate congrats :toast:

as for wheels they are such a personal taste thing,it's almost like asking people what clothes you should wear :P

nah just playing with ya...me personally would go something in 19" and black....SSR's for example or some super sexy TE37's

293vrme.jpgv4phmf.jpg

Very nice looking Aurion!! The clear tails do look nice at night - they're certainly interesting and they do work on the Silver. That is an interesting cut out for the towbar and looks like there should be some kind of plug there as you mentioned. Good luck hunting for rims, takes us all a while so don't worry - just take your time until you find the right set :D

Great work on all the LED's though, can I ask what bulbs you used and where you sourced them from?? :)

Edited by Tash

Oh wow! That is a big hole... Swap your bumper to a pre-facelift sportivo? Very costly but that hole does nothing for the cars looks

Also for your rim choice, here's a set you CAN'T use

Because I call dibs on 'em already :P

Btw the car looks great

Yeah I thought about swaping the whole towing setup with someone who has a sportevo that actually wants a towbar..

But then again the metalic paint would look funny cause apparently its slightly different on each car I heard...

lol that I cant use those rims cause you have dibs on them.. they look mad!

Nice car mate congrats :toast:

as for wheels they are such a personal taste thing,it's almost like asking people what clothes you should wear :P

nah just playing with ya...me personally would go something in 19" and black....SSR's for example or some super sexy TE37's

293vrme.jpgv4phmf.jpg

Your exactly right there about asking what kind would suit. These are some very nice examples and are right up my ally! Thanks

Very nice looking Aurion!! The clear tails do look nice at night - they're certainly interesting and they do work on the Silver. That is an interesting cut out for the towbar and looks like there should be some kind of plug there as you mentioned. Good luck hunting for rims, takes us all a while so don't worry - just take your time until you find the right set :D

Great work on all the LED's though, can I ask what bulbs you used and where you sourced them from?? :)

Thanks

The LED's are actually from supercheap auto! I found them a few weeks ago and just make the car look so much more modern.

One set of two LED's are between $15 to $25 depending what type. Eg 1watt or 2watt, directional or wide beam., The most expensive one was for the center roof light which was from autobarn and was a $30!! So worth it but :D

I will eventually do the head lights and foggies with the phillips crystal vision globes as I cant justify putting in HID's cause they are pretty expensive, plus I dont want to cut up my headlights just to make them fit...

I actually want Te37's on mine, check my sig, that's a design I whipped up of what my Aurion "Should" look like :lol:

But the problem with Te37's is that they are generally wide and I did some measuring and calculations, it will be hard to pull off, especially with the offset that the Te37's are available in, would put the wheels out from the fender a bit too much unless you run a decent amount of camber... I gave up on that idea unfortunately because of the legalities of having the wheels sit so far out from the fender blah blah blah... But the SSR's would look mint, not sure about the offset they use though

I actually want Te37's on mine, check my sig, that's a design I whipped up of what my Aurion "Should" look like :lol:

But the problem with Te37's is that they are generally wide and I did some measuring and calculations, it will be hard to pull off, especially with the offset that the Te37's are available in, would put the wheels out from the fender a bit too much unless you run a decent amount of camber... I gave up on that idea unfortunately because of the legalities of having the wheels sit so far out from the fender blah blah blah... But the SSR's would look mint, not sure about the offset they use though

i'm running 19x9 with +42 offset on a 245mm tyre and have no issues,i'm guessing with no guard rolling you could fit 9" or maybe 9.5" with a +38 offset and prolly get away with it,running a little camber wont hurt either :D

found some TE37's 19x9.5 with a +45 offset,not sure whether these would be aggressive enough on the offset but should fit an Aurion and you prolly would have to consider some stretch tyres on 9.5" wide rims.

now this thred has got my wheel juices flowing again.... :g: