Select Reverse gear and crunches sometimes

As the topic states i just want to know is this a common problem with most sportivos. I get this happening rarely, but it really pisses me off when it does happen :angry::angry::angry: . The crunch is unnerving makes me feel like im hurting it.

As the topic states i just want to know is this a common problem with most sportivos. I get this happening rarely, but it really pisses me off when it does happen :angry:  :angry:  :angry: . The crunch is unnerving makes me feel like im hurting it.

1. Select 1st gear.

2. Then Reverse will go in no probs.

Lets us know how it goes.

the five speed in the ascent does it a bit as well....

along with feeling like it's in reverse but not quite slipping into place...so when you let the clutch out it grinds...

I've since learnt to keep hand on reverse and just give a gentle push as I lift the clutch :D

I find if you put it into reverse slowly it tends not to do it. Sometimes when I forget and I try to put it into reverse normally it does crunch.

But I've had other cars that have done the same thing, seems to occur mostly when the cars just been started or the revs are going a bit high.

i can never shift into reverse properly in any situation lol

i always give it a try just to see if itll happen, but it never does. it does what paradox says and u can tell by the angle of the shifter that its not fully in reverse.

slippin in to 1st gear first always does the trick :)

As others have stated, putting it in first beforehand is a sure fire way to stop this happeneing.

Also I've found that if the car is still rolling forwards or back it will still crunch. So try having your foot on the brake while you engage reverse as well.

Making sure the car is at idle will also reduce the chance of a crunch.

Save the crunching for your weetbix.

thankyou for the help guys, you are right it goes in good if you select 1st gear first.. As someone else said, when on a small incline or rolling a bit it crunches. Just wish we had a smoother shifting box, but what can you do. It does rev to 8200rpm eheh so not complaining. :P :P :P :P