Mystery squeak problem

Hey fellas.

Posted up a thread prior to this ages ago about this but still the sound is there.

I'm experiencing a very loud squeak noise coming from what seems to be the rear of the car. From the drivers seat it appears to be coming from the left rear. However people who rode in the back seat tell me it's coming from the middle.

I also been told it could be my rear sway bar and bump stops. However, this squeak is so loud and clear that one can assume it's coming from within the cabin.

So I just ripped apart the boot and took everything apart, took the rear parcel shelf out, took the rear seats out and yet the sound seems to still be there. I checked all bolts and what not that I could visually see, and nothing.

The squeak occurs when I hit even the smallest bumps in the road. However for some reason in hotter or rainy weather this squeak is not evident at times (though still there)

I'm also running coilovers if its accounts for anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reece

Speaking of this, my rear drivers side door squeaks when on the move. Can hear it when i close the door and then continues whilst i am driving....

Doesn't happen all the time. Its not actually in the door, but the sliding mechanism that attached to the body of the car.

Speaking of this, my rear drivers side door squeaks

Doesn't happen all the time. Its not actually in the door, but the sliding mechanism that attached to the body of the car.

Adjust ur striker

• 3 weeks later...

So i rode in the back seat of my car last night, and pin pointed the source of the sound to be coming from the middle of the parcel shelf at the rear. At first like many have suggested, it could have been a suspension component. However, the sound is coming from the middle section of the parcel shelf :S

So i ripped everything out again, removed seats and the rear parcel shelf and the sound is still there! There is nothing there at all that i have found that could have made this sound. no loose bolts, or components ..or anything except the metal body

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

-.-'

suggestions? -.-'

Have you taken out all things in the rear of the car?

The spare for my wagon is in the rear under the plastic covers and perhaps the squeak is something like the spare not tightened down enough, tools, jack etc?

Parts for the jack handle are held under the plastic covers and could be loose.

Check number plate as well?

Or the spare bolt in there somewhere, you know the one you always have left over after a "fix" or dropped and could not find!

soundbyte