New member, New Car

DangerAus

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6 in Tungsten. Pretty lucky with the find as it comes with tinted windows, towbar, bluetooth, and only 48k on the clock!

I took it for a test drive today (waiting for documents to clear through the bank) and while flicking through the trip computer it said the car does 18.7L/100! I expect that out of a high end Beemer or Merc, but not the Aurion. Especially seeing it's listed as 9.9L/100.

Can I reset the Fuel economy trip to get it to re-assess the fuel economy? Is this just a minor glitch with how the trip calculates the fuel economy?

Btw here is a pic from the Auction house (purchased it thorugh a Toyota dealer):

Aurion1.jpg

I'll post up pics when I get tomorrow.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.. Good choice of car and colour too. :)

Not to worry about the FC. Whenever I fill my petrol up and reset the trip, it gives me 99.9L/100 the 1st min, and keeps dropping down to 13.

Re-fill the petrol and drive it normally, it should give you around the 10 figures, which is what most people get here.

Welcome to the club.

With the trip meter give it a few days as see if it gets closer to the 11/12L/100 km mark. If not then you may need to take it to the Service Centre

lol don't worry when i had my car it was on the 33L/100 mark, it has now dropped to an 14-15L average, 90% city driving. the thing that kills fuel economy the MOST is slow start-stop traffic, and if you leave the car idle for too long. nice car, looks great with tinted windows.

Nice to see another Aurion owner joining the club :)..nice ride you got there and like the others have told you already, give that fuel consumption reading a couple of days and it will be back to normal :)

Especially seeing it's listed as 9.9L/100.

Can I reset the Fuel economy trip to get it to re-assess the fuel economy? Is this just a minor glitch with how the trip calculates the fuel economy?

Its listed as 14.1L/100km urban, 7.6L/100km extra urban and 9.9L/100km combined.

I've gotten 8.0 on a trip involving 90% freeway.

Its about 11.5 for my commute to work involving 25% residential, 50% congested highway, and 25% free flowing highway.

If you are super worried. You can put a few litres of petrol in. That'll also reset the trip computer.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I picked it up yesterday afternoon.....WOW, what a drive. I made a CD of my favourite songs to enjoy while driving my new car. Cranked up the stereo and was very very impressed by the stock speakers.

Here are a few pics:

AurionFront.png

Aurionback.png

AurionLights-1.png

(Taken with a phone camera, bit hazy)

On the concern I had with the fuel economy. It is sitting at 15L/100 now after 70km of driving since I picked it up, and eaten 1/6th of a tank. I have to admit I did give it a bit of a "go" down a straight road I found myself alone on (within speed limits, of course).

Overall I am one Happy Chappy! Also I'd like to give a shout out to the guys at Cornes Toyota here in SA found me a car I wanted, for the price I wanted, In the colour, year, and model I wanted. Fantastic service!

congrats on the new car. I wouuldn't worry about the petrol - there are plenty of threads around here which will confirm that the Aurion is really close to only using it's claimed 9.99l/100km.(my worst is only 12.4 - city driving in Canberra) My petrol gauge is also funny but you get used to it. Mine will show that it has used a quarter of a tank after 100km, then not move at all till about 175km. It does the same trick when it shows I have used half a tank and then not move till driven another 50-75km, and lastly it likes to show the petrol warning lights when I have used about 55l of petrol.

Can I ask what setting you have the stereo on, i.e. setting on treble and base.

Your not wrong, Aurion has quite a good factory audio system which is even more amazing when you actually see the speakers because they are nasty quality suckers! The head unit on the facelift Aurion makes the sound even better as the amp is of a higher quality but for a stock system it's not bad. Stick some half decent speakers in it and you'll be away!

congrats on the new car. I wouuldn't worry about the petrol - there are plenty of threads around here which will confirm that the Aurion is really close to only using it's claimed 9.99l/100km.(my worst is only 12.4 - city driving in Canberra) My petrol gauge is also funny but you get used to it. Mine will show that it has used a quarter of a tank after 100km, then not move at all till about 175km. It does the same trick when it shows I have used half a tank and then not move till driven another 50-75km, and lastly it likes to show the petrol warning lights when I have used about 55l of petrol.

Can I ask what setting you have the stereo on, i.e. setting on treble and base.

It's set on Treb -3, Bass 3.

I'll fill it up after the weekend to see where the L/100 goes.

Welcome to the Club mate :) nice buy.

Your not wrong, Aurion has quite a good factory audio system which is even more amazing when you actually see the speakers because they are nasty quality suckers! The head unit on the facelift Aurion makes the sound even better as the amp is of a higher quality but for a stock system it's not bad. Stick some half decent speakers in it and you'll be away!

I was blown away to see that the magnets on the rear speakers are the size of 5cent peices :P but they seem to work ok!

The number will continue to drop from 15L/100 until until its around 11-12 around town.:)

I personally think the stock stereo are not bad, but the bass is a little over powering, especially when you set it so high. on some very base heavy tracks all i hear is base beat and no vocal :P

the aftermarket headunit i got improves the sound quality quite a bit. each to their own, some people prefer heavy bass :D

I was blown away to see that the magnets on the rear speakers are the size of 5cent peices :P but they seem to work ok!

yeah you’re not wrong they do work quite ok for factory sound particularly when you see the size of the magnets and the flimsy quality materials used. But then Aurion does have what’s known as "psychoacoustics" which simply gives you the illusion of a much tighter cleaner sound with increased low end response but it's really not there at all lol just tricks the brain, but yes does work and when you put some good quality speakers in there the sound it great and if you go to the next step an put ones from the top brands like Focal, Rockford, Vibe, Boston etc in the sound is awesome but in grown up nicely balanced way not in your p plate doof doof way lol

yeah you’re not wrong they do work quite ok for factory sound particularly when you see the size of the magnets and the flimsy quality materials used. But then Aurion does have what’s known as "psychoacoustics" which simply gives you the illusion of a much tighter cleaner sound with increased low end response but it's really not there at all lol just tricks the brain, but yes does work and when you put some good quality speakers in there the sound it great and if you go to the next step an put ones from the top brands like Focal, Rockford, Vibe, Boston etc in the sound is awesome but in grown up nicely balanced way not in your p plate doof doof way lol

I like the sound of having Focals in my car! my dream home speakers are Focal Grande Utopia's , The upgrade works fine streight off the orig head unit ?