Corolla Shifter

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at picking up a short shifter for my Corolla hatchback MY08, and I came across a company called TWM Performance. I spoke to the guys there and they are shipping some parts to Australia with affordable prices.

Anyways I was wondering what your opinions were about this shifter:

toyotacorollashortshifter-1.jpg

I've heard many good things on some overseas forums but few things down here. What do you mates reckon?

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/toyotashortshifters/toyotacorollashortshifters.htm

Tks

TWM makes a setup for the ZZE rolla and it looked good ..... one of the other guys on here had one and although personally i found it far too short for my liking the product seemed to be pretty good quality .......

Not that difficult to install. Just use a butter knife to flick out the washer by softly tappping on the other end of the butter knife with a hammer, if u dont have a dremmel tool. What's a pain is trying to align the engraved shift pattern knob accordingly in the end.

There is an install guide u can download from the TWM website after choosing you car's make & model. Scroll down to the bottom for the PDF dl link.

1st time I did it took me just under 2 hours. 2nd time I did it on a mates sportivo took me 15mins. It's aligning the shift knob with engraved shift pattern is what will eat up ur time.

The TWM crew also include a hardcopy printout of the manual in thr box.

I installed mine about a fortnight ago, have to say I'm loving it. While it does require a bit more effort (in terms of arm strength) to shift, I love the feeling, the directness of each gearchange.

The instructions can be downloaded for free off the TWM website. I'd also change the base bushings to tighten up the shift feel. As for the cable bushings, I'm yet to do that, but there is a DIY floating around the workshop section.

If you want to see photos, check out my build thread.

Cheers

Alf

Wait you have a 08 ZRE Corolla? The pic you have shown is for the ZZE Corolla. AFAIK the US shifter does not fit the Aus cars in ZRE form.

ive got the short shifter, shifter linkage bushes and the cradle bushes. as everyone else has said, its a much more direct shift but does require a more physical strength than the standard shifter.

although i'm used to it now, it was very noticable at the start. other people who have tried driving my car with the shift shifter in complain about it cause theyre weak :P

I have all 3, that is cable shifter bushing, base bushing and TWM short shifter.

Lethal combination. Though I must say the cable shifter bushing and short shifter are the most effective. Didn't find the base bushing of much additional help.

I do recommend the cable shifter bushing first. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference it made. :spiteful: