New Member, New Car, ZR6

ALEXH-

Hey guys. As I said in my Welcome thread, I bought this car from Sydney. It's a October 2006 build, first registered in June of 2007. Car has only done 42k km and I'm very happy. Here is a few pictures.

First thing I did is install HID lights. I went with 6000k. This is just a comparison shot while I was installing it:

IMG_0439.jpg

Following are just random shots I took of the car with and without lights on.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

I also ordered some personalised plates today. Hope I get them by next week.

For those that didn't read my other thread, I changed from Commodore VX which I had for 7 years and was my first car.

Any questions welcome. I'll add future mods and that later because I got to go now lol.

edit ***

Just a quick question about parker lights. If I want to get a colour similar to 6000k HID, should I buy one of those LED Park Bulbs from ebay for $14? If not, what's my next alternative? Because they look a bit yellow compared to low beams.

Next mod on my list is to upgrade to an after-market GPS unit for Aurions. After that, I was thinking of lowering it but I don't want to lose the comfort. When I lowered my commodore, it was bumpy as hell although I did use King Springs which are the worst from what I've read.

Do you guys recommend putting HID in fog lights? Do they produce a lot of glare?

Sorry about all the questions. I'm excited to have a new car :D

Edited by ALEXH-

Nice ride man, as for parkers, I've installed the white parkers, mine give off a mostly white with a hint of blue, so would be equivalent to the 6000k's, I have a few pics in my ride thread, link in sig... I've had them 2 months, so far so good...

With lowering, it's all about how much you want to spend... Coilovers will give you the best result you can ask for, but are fairly pricey, not sure about springs, I'm also on stock height until I can get the coilovers

HID fogs are great, had them in my old car, worked a treat, they were brighter but not blindingly bright... But you're more likely to attract unwanted attention and fines... I copped a $120 fine for using foglights in clear weather conditions...

Good luck with all the mods, can't wait to see it all come along

nice ride! Not enough gold Aurions getting around these days :yahoo:

Funnily enough I came from a VT Commodore :ph34r:

Can't wait to see how it goes. Definitely hope to see you at the upcoming nationals

Nice ride.....wondering what you personalised plates will say....guess I'll have to wait for pics tongue.gif

I do love the gold and had it been an option in my model I probably would've chosen gold whistling.gif

Plenty of aftermarket GPS units on ebay now so I'm sure you'll be able to filter out the ones you don't want and be able to pick up a bargain :D

Nice ride man, as for parkers, I've installed the white parkers, mine give off a mostly white with a hint of blue, so would be equivalent to the 6000k's, I have a few pics in my ride thread, link in sig... I've had them 2 months, so far so good...

With lowering, it's all about how much you want to spend... Coilovers will give you the best result you can ask for, but are fairly pricey, not sure about springs, I'm also on stock height until I can get the coilovers

HID fogs are great, had them in my old car, worked a treat, they were brighter but not blindingly bright... But you're more likely to attract unwanted attention and fines... I copped a $120 fine for using foglights in clear weather conditions...

Good luck with all the mods, can't wait to see it all come along

Thanks man. I went through your thread. Nice car btw. Lots of LEDs haha :) For your parkers, did you have to take the front bumper off? I guess I'll leave foglights as they are. Don't need them with HIDs on.

So coilovers are the way to go? I guess that can be my long term mod. As long as they don't ruin the comfortableness of the car, i'll be happy.

Welcome Alexh to the club. Nice ride!!

Thanks a lot man :)

nice ride! Not enough gold Aurions getting around these days :yahoo:

Funnily enough I came from a VT Commodore :ph34r:

Can't wait to see how it goes. Definitely hope to see you at the upcoming nationals

Thanks man. Yeah I went for the Gold because it was a little different. I was going to get a black one but then I found this and fell in love. I like how it changes colour in the sun too.

When I first sat in the Aurion, it was like a limousine compared to my old VX. So much better and smoother :D

Aware me on nationals? I'm new to this :( *feels like a n00b*

Nice ride.....wondering what you personalised plates will say....guess I'll have to wait for pics tongue.gif

I do love the gold and had it been an option in my model I probably would've chosen gold whistling.gif

Plenty of aftermarket GPS units on ebay now so I'm sure you'll be able to filter out the ones you don't want and be able to pick up a bargain :D

I'll keep the plates a secret for now. Should have them by next week though :D

Gold didn't look as good on the internet as it did when I saw it in person. Fell in love straight away :P

Yeah those GPS units are cheap as. How much does Toyota charge for their OEM? bet it's through the roof lol

I'll keep the plates a secret for now. Should have them by next week though :D

Gold didn't look as good on the internet as it did when I saw it in person. Fell in love straight away :P

Yeah those GPS units are cheap as. How much does Toyota charge for their OEM? bet it's through the roof lol

Yeh thought you would :P

Actually the first time I ever saw gold was in person and it was just stunning :D So yes am a little jealous.....

Wouldn't have a clue. Back when I bought mine they were around the four grand mark.....

Nationals - http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31422

Also we have a weekly meet here in Brisbane on Thursday nights if you ever find yourself on this side of the border and want to drop by

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27430

Nationals - http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31422

Also we have a weekly meet here in Brisbane on Thursday nights if you ever find yourself on this side of the border and want to drop by

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27430

Cheers for that. I probably won't be able to make it to Nationals due to work but I have every Thursday night off so I can come to the meets in Brissie. I'll post in that thread :D

Couple more pictures from tonight. Just random HID shots :)

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

I'm very impressed. Much better than my old VX :D

Another thing I'm impressed is the fuel consumption. It's outstanding. When I was driving from Sydney to Gold Coast I was averaging 6.8 - 7L per 100km. Since then, I been driving around the coast and it hasn't exceeded 9.2L. Is this normal? I heard average is 9.9 but most people are hovering around 10.5L. Will the number go up? I'm curious.

I didn't take the bumper off to do my parker LED's, I just unclipped the inner plastic wheel arch and pulled it back, had the wheels turned full lock while i did this as well, wheels facing inwards, was pretty easy, took about 10 minutes all up, just a pain that Toyota make it difficult to access the bulbs, would have been a smart idea to make them accessible under the bonnet IMO, but goodluck mate.

9.2L sounds about right per 100k...

I'm on about 10L/100k but that's because I do only a little bit of highway driving, your average consumption sounds bang on... Under normal conditions I'd say expect to see something between 9-11L/100k

yeh those figures are perfectly normal...

On the highway i average 8L/100km and the city increases to 9-9.5L/100km.....take note i'm not the most economical of drivers....when i managed to calmly drive for a 2hr stint on 110km/h freeways i saw my best figures of 6.5L/100km....

I've found as the car ages you get increasingly better mileage :D.....just an amazing car....

Heheheh - glad to have another gold owner on board, they look marvellous :D Completely agree with your comments above about it changing colour in the sun, have you had an overcast day yet?? The colour really pops on overcast days too :D

I hope the plates arrive very soon in the mail then! Pics please as soon as you get them :)

Hey guys! My personalised plates have arrived :D :D

Before I post pictures, I'd like to say that New Registration fees are very expensive. I bought the car from NSW so I had to do a complete new vehicle registration here in QLD. It ended up costing me $770.00 for stamp duty + another $350 for 6 months registration. I wasn't expecting it be that high but anywho, it's done. So with plates and rego I ended up paying around 1.5k. Oh well, it's worth every penny :D

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

In this photo, lights look green for some reason

IMG_0468.jpg

I think I could have gotten thick plate for the back. It seems to me there is alot of empty space but it'll grow on me

IMG_0469.jpg

And lights appear normal again, 6000k power ;)

IMG_0470.jpg

Before anyone comments, yes I do take crappy photos :D

About the plate; Aleksandar is my name, so ALX suits it. 316 is from WWF. Yes I use to watch wrestling as a kid and I loved stone cold hence 316. I also have a hotmail account since 1998 and it has 316 in it so I thought why not. Oh and I'm not that old now, only 25 :)

I'd love to attend the Brisbane meet one week so someone can take a better picture for me. haha

Sorry i'm a bit late but welcome to the club mate.... :toast:

You're right man, cheers. It's a great place with some great cars :)

nice choice in car Alex, welcome to the club, we lookforward to your input on the forum. Any planned mods for the ZR6?

Thanks man :) As you might have read, I just spent 1.5k so my modding will stop for a little while. I did however order the LED parker lights (white) to suit the 6000k HID. My next item on the list is a DVD/GPS headunit. They are fairly cheap on Ebay. I don't know about suspension/wheels yet. I had my old VX commodore lowered and it ruined the comfortableness of the car. Coilovers I'd go for but they are bit too much for me atm. I'll see. I'm quiet happy with the way it looks now though. I also don't want to get 19s and not touch suspension, if you know what I mean.

Edited by ALEXH-

Nice, plates are looking good. Looks like you may need to clean up the back one a touch, just where the marks are under the slimline plate otherwise I reckon it will go rather well.....wish I could get slimlines but the combination I'm looking at wont allow it dry.gif

Oh so your not 316 years old? unsure.gif And here I was thinking we may have a vampire member spiteful.gif

Nice, plates are looking good. Looks like you may need to clean up the back one a touch, just where the marks are under the slimline plate otherwise I reckon it will go rather well.....wish I could get slimlines but the combination I'm looking at wont allow it dry.gif

Oh so your not 316 years old? unsure.gif And here I was thinking we may have a vampire member spiteful.gif

Thanks man. Yeah I need to clean up the back of the car, infact, I need to buy cut n polish and do a proper clean. Been so damn busy lately it's insane. I'll do it either monday or tuesday. Sorry to disappoint on being a vampire member :)

i like how the colours of the no. plates fit in with the colour of the whole car.

Thanks man. I didn't think it was going to look as good either.

+1. Looking good mate! :D

Thanks man :)

What I was thinking is maybe putting a twin exhaust tip. I don't know how good it would look though. One member here did it and it looked awesome but he had to cut through the back bumper first. Any way I can avoid this? Or should I just leave it as is?

Another mod I was interested in is Sunroof. This will be my long term one, it's around $2,000 from a Brisbane based company. Anyone else did a sunroof or know of someone that had one done?