Alister's AE93sx

-alister

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, picked them up today from Trungs' and man they look good in the flesh :spiteful:

I'm surprised how well the condition and clean it is, was no expecting it at all.

I'll get down to the specs:

BBS Mahle 15x7 +13 all round

These are quite rare now days according to the quick research i did over google as well it came with genuine centre caps so it written win all over it! :clap:

dw2gd4.jpg

lzgxd.jpg

34ryj4i.jpg

Edited by -alister

Well there is good news and bad. Start with the bad, trial fitted the wheels on, it does clear and fit though I will need longer studs to make them fit which make me sad :(

Good news is that I've got a entry for the Exe track day on the 19th, yeahhhhhhhh! The car isn't ready but i thought why not. I'll need to get a juice of the track first so i gota start from somewhere

Will be restoring them though it will be kepted as a secret to how it going to look ;)

For now, can't do much about the wheels as track day is coming up. Need to get a few little things done before hand so lets hope it all goes well

• 2 weeks later...

so...

I attended my first trackday at winton and I was feeling pretty nervous though the day ended quite well! Early start as I had to drive up this morning, pete tag along with me. Would of been quite lonely driving up there if he didn't come but thanks! My goal was to hit 1.53

First session which was "untime", Trung sat with me for passenger. He gave me pointers, lines, braking points and what not to do. I got a little excited on the first lap after the warm up and spun out on the first corner! :lol:

Came back into pits and notice that our first session was timed, I manage to pull a 1:57.8640 on my 4th lap.

2:17.1700

1:59.4500

2:00.7650

1:57.8640*

2:04.8610

2:25.9520

2nd session I did alot better! Felt abit scared as I driving by myself though throughout the session I learnt more and more how my car handled through the turns. First two laps I kepted going too fast and sharp into the first corner which leaded me going off track, rallying :spiteful: After correcting my mistakes, I got more confident and better. I manage to hit a 1:52.4890! I was over the moon when i saw it.

2:02.2070

2:01.6390

1:52.8070

2:00.7180

1:53.2790

1:53.0890

1:52.4890*

3rd session came up and I really wanted to beat my pb. I manage to do a clean session and felt like I was a lot faster. Check the times and I hit a 1:52.3970. I was not satisfied so I decided to hit 1 more session baby!

2:12.9840

1:53.9290

1:55.4480

1:52.5330

1:52.3970*

1:52.5870

4th session which was my final, I decided to follow a r33 gts. I thought I'd give it a go trying to keep up with him. He ended up holding me through the turns so he let me through. The car was handling still great after 4 sessions with street tires, though my petrol gauge wasn't looking to happy because the light kept coming up on the hair pins! I manage to do another clean session, came to pits and was dying to check my time. 1:51.8950! pb baby!!

2:10.7570

1:52.2280

1:51.8950*

1:52.4120

2:00.6360

1:57.1900

1:52.5700

Overall, the car handles amazing good! I was surprise my ku31's held up, it was a bit greasy on the last few laps, and also my brakes are getting spongy and started making this werid noise so will need to take a look at them tomorrow and see what it is.

I learnt so much more of how much my car is capable and handles now. I believe I could say, I'm a better driver now :clap: I had a blast and I will be back with improvements!

Pics will come soon

Edited by -alister

I need to up my game!! someone is hot on my tail and with a full interior and KU31's!! :o thats a great time!!

I bet youre hooked now aye ;)

Awaiting pics!! :)

Edited by 4ABHGE

thanks guys! I must say its quite fun :P

So just checked my brakes. Appears that my front right pads are gonerss! ive actually gone through the pad but luckily my house is near the hume so I wasn't braking much on the way back from winton. Also there is grease well i think it is, thats leaking somewhere there as well. Could be my drive shaft?