Alister's AE93sx

-alister

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

MRP Coilovers.... AWWWW YEAHHHH!!

I can vouch for just how good they are. Got a 1:49 at winton with them in and Kumho KU36's.. car was pretty much untouched everywhere else...

Im a bit jelly of how yours look nicer than mine though :( haha

I think ive seen your car around when it had the black bonnet a while ago, looks good :)

Toyota_kid: haha can't go wrong with mrp! his a good guy. I was also surprise how much nicer they look in person than pictures. where abouts you see me drive around?

johnnie: cheers buddy :)

trung: ahaha dont worry, you can drive mine if you miss yours so much :P

reece: more like tomorrow for sure :D

Edited by alistersh

haha can't go wrong with mrp! his a good block. I was also surprise how much nicer they look in person than pictures. where abouts you see me drive around?

Agreed. Cheap products, top quality and he is always willing to help with any issues... You'll love the coilies when you put them in. :)

I was on the opposite end of some traffic lights somewhere on the eastside, cant remember where... It was a while ago when i had my AE102, so i was camo'd in all the traffic :P

oh, did a few trips down there, don't really go around that area ahah.

anyways, coilovers were installed on thursday night with reece giveing me a helping hand, thanks! and man the car has change from it. Thinking that my kyb shocks and lovell springs were great, these make my car to a new whole level! car sticks to the road like its on rails and has no body roll at all. I'm actually enjoying how the car handles now. Can't wait till i get a wheel alignment done for it. It does sit a tad low but it doesn't really concern me besides that my exhaust pipe is hitting my suspension arms alot more. So I'll be taking it to a exhaust place sometime soon to get it re-piped over the arms

Today i change my two rear tyres to ku31 as my re001's were pretty much bald so im running ku31s all round now which is much better compared to the re001s. While i was putting my rims back on, i forgot i still had to install my new drive shafts in, so called up a mechanic to see if he was free and luckily he was. The driveshafts were replaced within a time of matter and off i went! No more clicking noise when turning left or right. It was a good week for me as i got a few things done with the car :)

Today i change my two rear tyres to ku31 as my re001's were pretty much bald so im running ku31s all round now which is much better compared to the re001s.

Is that a typo? Ku36?

I use KU31 before, they are crap. My re002 is heaps more grippy that Ku31, but Ku36 on the other hand, I believe it is grippier than re002

Ku31 is on a tread wear rating of 400, re001 is on 220, Ku36 is on 140 (not sure)

Enjoy your new suspension, they really make you addicted !!

Edited by ben yip

nope, ku31's!

I know the re002's are fantastic but the re001's are ok but compared the ku31's, they are much better. Can't go wrong with $100 per tyre too! ku36 is more like a semi slick type, heaps of grip but less tread wear obviously. Pretty much i wanted decent tyres with a good price and tread wear rating so it will last me longer.

Will do, and they sure do!

KU31's aren't at the same level as RE002's/KU36's Ben - off course, if you go to a tyre with lower tread wear then you'd get more grip but less tyre life. I'd Alisters' after longevity rather than grip at the moment.

On-topic: top notch work Alister! Did it cost much to get the drive shafts installed?

IMO KU31's are a great daily tyre, and i will be using them for daily use soon aswell. Good choice :) Ben it isnt like he is tracking the car and pushing the tyres to the limit... because even then, the KU36's and RE002's just cut it for track work when compared to semis and slicks.

Coilovers definitely make the car a different beast around corners... have you tried fiddling with the shock settings? youll be surprised how much of a difference one or two clicks makes around corners or over bumps :)

Oh crap! :s thanks for reminding me that i have to get an alignment... still havent done that yet LOL!!

Edited by Toyota_kid

Since your car feels like it's on rails now.. No need to go go-karts anymore..? :whistling:

how could you say such a thing ~! lols, go karts are awesome!! :yahoo:

and dont you need some payback to a certain someone :whistling::spiteful: ;)

exactly toyota kid. I haven't played with the dampers yet but will soon after a few more days and you better get that alignment done!

and dwee, im always down for go karts :D

reece bro need you to hook me up with a alignment end of this week. Do they open on saturdays?