Fog Light Usage

ok, since most people on this forum have cars with foglights fitted.

so i ask the question, when do you use them?

the road rules says in "hazardous conditions" but doesnt explain what exactly that is...

well this is what i do...

i use Fogs during dawn/dusk, rain, fog, or heavy cloudy conditions.

but once it gets dark and during a clear night, i will turn them off and just use Lowbeams :lol:

This one has kinda been discussed before, with pretty much a different opinion for each person who contributed to the discussion!

The driving lights on our wagon were bought from ozeparts.com.au and seem to be supplied with lower wattage bulbs than usual ... I think 55w are the usual, mine seem like 35w or thereabouts. I've driven past police, on a clear night, with them switched on and they haven't batted an eyelid.

And is it just me, or do most late model Commodore fog lights look like they have 100 watters in them? They're quite dazzling to look at ...

Queenslands laws are a little more flexable too thought I think Buddha.

I think our Sportivo foglamps have the 55w in them.

I have followed, past, overtaken and driven towards police with them and never been picked up for them.

I think the law here is though that if they are white or yellow, symmetrical, forward facing and standard then they are ok as long as they are not pointing upwards into people eyes.

The Sportivo ones tend not to point as far upwards as some other cars (like the commodore & bmw ones)

iv been pulled over twice previously n the boys in blue kindly asked me to turn my foggies off :(

....however now that i av HIDs i just leave em off cos its real bright already :P......also white n yellow lights dont exactly go hand in hand :P....looks sh17...

I've been pulled up for having them on.Played dumb and didn't know they were on and how to switch them off. I told the officer i thought they just come on with the headlights and he found the switch on the indicator stalk and turned them off. I thanked him and he sent me on my way. Of course without a ticket LOL. I have heard of other people receiving tickets for having them on though.