Toyota Sportivo vs DC5R (Honda Integra Type R)

I have a 2005 corolla sportivo with hurricane extractors, hiflow cat and 2.5" piping along with a CAI, what more wouldn't need to do to comfortably smoke a DC5R??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2005 corolla sportivo with hurricane extractors, hiflow cat and 2.5" piping along with a CAI, what more would I need to do to comfortably smoke a DC5R??

What will I need to smoke a DC5R in my 05 corolla sportivo with CAI/hurricane extractors/ 2.5" piping and hiflow cat?

comfortably? A turbo lol

Lol apart from a turbo/supercharger/nitrous oxide lmao the DC5R can't be all that can it? It's 147kw at the fly so do u reckon stage 2 cams, ported&polished intake manifold & maybe performance chip would be doing it

I have a 2005 corolla sportivo with hurricane extractors, hiflow cat and 2.5" piping along with a CAI, what more wouldn't need to do to comfortably smoke a DC5R??

You should already be able to smash a Dc5 it would be a close race with a dc2....

Lets be honest here guys, I know a lot of us have too much pride for our cars but in short, ANY Type R is practically in a league of its own.

I mean, they're practically designed for race.

DC2R is a perfect example of this:

- LSD means the power to the wheels is much more direct

- Lighter Chassis, means given that they both have similar power, the DC2R has to work less

- Obviously the argument of which is better V-TEC or VVTL-i, V-TEC engages earlier I believe?

You can tell by the way it's been built that it's an actual sports car, I mean, just look at it, two door coupe, spoiler, LSD, Bucket seats, no air con, hand build engine, V-TEC, and plenty more.

Now, looks at the Corolla Sportivo, Leather Seats, AC, 5 door hatch, all pretty much comfort features.. then again, you have a bit of grunt there too, from the 2ZZ which can be found in Celicas and the Lotus Elise (which are both lighter cars, specially the Elise). With that said, there isn't a doubt in my mind that a DC2R will own a Stivo stock to stock though, but both cars have huge potential when tuned right.

You'd probably be better with comparing a Stivo with an EP3R or a DC5R though, as I believe these have more weight on them due to more comfort features which had been added.. but yeah, DC2R, was pretty much made for track use straight out of factory..

And, I'd hate to say it but, Corolla Sportivos are really low end sports cars if anything.. I'm an owner myself and I know I'm going to get flammed for saying so, but seriously, take a good look at it

At the end of the day though, what do you want the car for? to track it, or something to drive your mates around in with out feeling too hot during the summer and something good for road trips coz it's so comfortable?

Or would you rather something that has no room in the back what so ever, something your going to swelter in during the summer and something that'd probably attract a lot of attention from the law?

I think you guys know what I chose, I was looking at getting a DC2R before I bought the Stivo, and thats the exact reason why I chose it.

But still, given a proper tune or modding, a Stivo can hold its own against a DC2R.. but at the end of the day, you still drive a Corolla :) lol

Lets be honest here guys, I know a lot of us have too much pride for our cars but in short, ANY Type R is practically in a league of its own.

- Lighter Chassis, means given that they both have similar power, the DC2R has to work less

- Obviously the argument of which is better V-TEC or VVTL-i, V-TEC engages earlier I believe?

You can tell by the way it's been built that it's an actual sports car, I mean, just look at it, two door coupe, spoiler, LSD, Bucket seats, no air con, hand build engine, V-TEC, and plenty more.

Now, looks at the Corolla Sportivo, Leather Seats, AC, 5 door hatch, all pretty much comfort features.. then again, you have a bit of grunt there too, from the 2ZZ which can be found in Celicas and the Lotus Elise (which are both lighter cars, specially the Elise). With that said, there isn't a doubt in my mind that a DC2R will own a Stivo stock to stock though, but both cars have huge potential when tuned right.

You'd probably be better with comparing a Stivo with an EP3R or a DC5R though, as I believe these have more weight on them due to more comfort features which had been added.. but yeah, DC2R, was pretty much made for track use straight out of factory..

And, I'd hate to say it but, Corolla Sportivos are really low end sports cars if anything.. I'm an owner myself and I know I'm going to get flammed for saying so, but seriously, take a good look at it

At the end of the day though, what do you want the car for? to track it, or something to drive your mates around in with out feeling too hot during the summer and something good for road trips coz it's so comfortable?

Or would you rather something that has no room in the back what so ever, something your going to swelter in during the summer and something that'd probably attract a lot of attention from the law?

I think you guys know what I chose, I was looking at getting a DC2R before I bought the Stivo, and thats the exact reason why I chose it.

But still, given a proper tune or modding, a Stivo can hold its own against a DC2R.. but at the end of the day, you still drive a Corolla :) lol

What will I need to smoke a DC5R in my 05 corolla sportivo with CAI/hurricane extractors/ 2.5" piping and hiflow cat?

If your a good driver you should be able to smoke some of them out there i smoke them ive got same stuff.

You should already be able to smash a Dc5 it would be a close race with a dc2....

yes, iphone does that to u :blink:

Dc5 maybe but what about the dc5r?

Improve your power/weight ratio to go above the DC5R's... simple.

God this is a stupid thread, I should lock it.

As I always say, it isn't a fast car, but it is fun none-the-less.

I totally agree this thread should be deleted waste of time

Well, apart from the fact, it has been covered 200 trillion times, I mean, its not that hard to research on here, the search function is within the ZZE FAQ... <_<

Evo

i would delete this but there is a little bit of information that MAY be useful to some others. So i will close this topic instead.