Suspension questions

jtfoto

I have an ATX 2007 with 18in wheels, Ultra Racing Sway bar and front strut brace.

Whilst the handling is much improved over the standard setup I still find the suspension soft and choppy.

My question is to anybody who may have King springs with standard shocks or King springs with KYB shocks.

How much is the car actually lowered (in inches..I'am old LOL) and does the stiffer springs improve the handling at the expense of comfort.

Is there any problem running King springs with standard shocks?.

Stupid questions probably, but personal experience may save me spending money for no real benefit.

Hi Mate if you do a search of the Aurion forum you will find alot of useful infomation that has been discussed before regarding suspension, im sure you will find the answers you need.

Does anyone know if camber pins are necessary? Also after putting the spring in, when should we take the car in to get a wheel alignment? Right after (asap) or should I wait a couple of weeks.. Ive booked mine to get it lowered for next month xD

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if camber pins are necessary? Also after putting the spring in, when should we take the car in to get a wheel alignment? Right after (asap) or should I wait a couple of weeks.. Ive booked mine to get it lowered for next month xD

Thanks in advance

Camber pins sure are a great idea. When i switched my Sportivo to TRD Shocks and springs from America i put a chamber pin in the rear to pull the rear wheels dead straight again. This of course made the tyre wear very even (in fact at my last service a few weeks ago they measured each tyre on the inner and outer edges and there was the same on each wheel)& when i put the coil over’s in i put one in the front too just so could have a bit more freedom with adjustments etc, so yeah if you’re going to lower your car i think it’s a worthwhile thing to do :)

Thanks for your replies guys.

So if I don't put camber pins in, the only thing I should have to worry about is uneven wear on my tyres?

Hmm sounds worth while but do you know how uneven the wear gets? Based on what you've heard as I would have no idea. Would it be more excessive or just a slight difference in wear...

Thanks

hard to say, each car can be a little different depending on your suspension, wheel selection, how low you go and what you carry in the car etc. i found when i did my suspension there was a bit of camber going on which would of eaten the inner edge of the tyre far more than the rest( not quite commodore camber bad though) simple pin soon brought that dead straight again which also helped the rear of the car turn better at the corners. a camber pin in the long run is going to be cheaper than any premature tyre wear and replacement isn’t it?

• 1 month later...

Hey mate,

Ive got king springs on mine, if you go have a look at it in the show your ride part (forgot the actual name of that thread :s) if you want i can put up a picture of my car sitting next to my old mans presara so you can see the difference?

Lowers it buy a few inches, its not drastically lowered but it makes a clear difference, i also got 18" rims so it looks real nice.

The ride is much better and the comfort is still very good, although it does make a wierd sound going over speed bumps and going up driveways, sounds like the springs are compressing or something :s if anyone knows what that is and what needs to be done to avoid it plz share!

But that noise is something you can live with for a lowered aurion mate ;)

Hope that helped!

Ali.

Whats better for a smooth ride coil or springs, and how do i know if my suspension is ok? Its fairly smooth most of the time but at low speeds can be a little bumpy (still pretty good just really wondering).

I put pedders coilovers adjustable for2 grand lowered to the max on my trd never looked back you can adjust to hard or soft with in seconds,just a turn on alloy adjuster and hight on bottom you do have to take rim off for hight adjustment,both front and rear guards sit bellow tyer,I have my ones to more harder setup not boumxy.at all.all in all grwat ride.