Rear main seal replacement costs

So the other day I noticed oil leaking inbetween the gearbox and engine of my 2002 Corolla wagon and immediately brought it to a garage in Sydney. They quoted me $400 to replace the rear main seal, gearbox oil and perform an e-safety check as my car was due for it. I know it's a big job to access the seal is this a reasonable price?

Also does anyone have any experience with replacing the gas struts for the boot on my wagon? How much do they normally go for?

TIA

i would say that price is reasonable, but pushing it. given how laborious the work is, in addition to what needs to be removed/replaced, it is a fairly big job. but then again, that price does include a gear box oil change (which i'm hoping includes the oil itself)

it's usually best to replace the rear main seal when you're also replacing the clutch (assuming your car is a manual) to cut down on labour.

For a shop that price seems reasonable to me. The gearbox/clutch and flywheel (or torque converter) at the very least will need to be removed and re-fitted.