Need tyres for my Kluger KX-S

vegemite

Hi, time to buy new tyres for my Kluger (2008) KX-S. What brand and type of tyres do you recommend? Also, what price can I expect to pay? Would like to get the tyres before the end of the fin year (4 tyres). Thanks

Edited by vegemite

I recently replaced mine with the OEM Bridgestone D400's. Best price I got was $365 per tyre.

There are few other options and they were all more expensive. I have been quite happy with the D400's but I know a lot of other people are not.

If you are happy with the standard tyres, I would suggest going with them. Because Bridgestone are the main player in that size (245/55/19) they do a lot of volume and prices are quite competitive.

I recently replaced mine with the OEM Bridgestone D400's. Best price I got was $365 per tyre.

There are few other options and they were all more expensive. I have been quite happy with the D400's but I know a lot of other people are not.

If you are happy with the standard tyres, I would suggest going with them. Because Bridgestone are the main player in that size (245/55/19) they do a lot of volume and prices are quite competitive.

I have been looking at http://www.falken.com.au/tyres/4wd-suv-ZE912.html does anyone have any points of view on this one?

I am one of those who was not happy with OEM D400's - only managed 38,000 km out of them. Replaced with Toyo Open Country H/T which have now done 38,000km with at least 50% life remaining.

if you werent happy with 38k, how many would make you happy? i was only getting 10k out of mine! thats why i ended up doing a strip and fit to get another 10k out of the other side of the tyre. If i got 38k i would be over the mooon.

thats why i sold my car, have 2x bridgestone for sale, listed in other forum.

Selling a car due to unsatisfactory tyre life?!?!? That is certainly a new one for me :huh:

I got 45,000km out of my original Bridgestones and probably could have got 5-10k more. I am more than happy with that.

Coopers may last longer, but in my books that certainly doesn't make it a better tyre. When I was getting prices, they were more expensive than the Bridgestones, and hardly anyone had them. In my case the Bridgestones have been pretty good all round (noise, ride, handling, grip, life) so I saw no point in paying more for a "cheaper" tyre...

My opinion - unless you hate the Bridgestones (and some do) - stick with them.

What size are you after?

Do you want confort or performance?

I am after the original size that the car came with. Comfort is the best option for our needs.

Edited by vegemite

Try not to take this as an offense but do you expect me to know what the original size is? If it wasn't for Matty P who mentioned the size i wouldn't bother search the internet the size for you.

Go with Toyo Open Country H/T. Tyrepower stocks Toyo so give them an email or call.

Try not to take this as an offense but do you expect me to know what the original size is?

My apologies mate, it was pooring down with rain last night in Perth when I wrote this. We had 54mm of rain between 6pm and 10 pm. I did not want to go out and get drenched (to check my tyres). Was going to check my tyres today. Thanks for your understanding. I did not think for a minute that you were a psychic;--)