Injen CAI SP2079 Bottom Mounting

Hey guys.

Just prepping for the arrival of the CAI and was wondering what you have done in terms of the mounting of the pipe at the bottom where the pod filter sits (seeing as the Injen was design for LHD Corollas, making the mounting bracket useless for our RHD Corollas)?

Has anyone made a custom mounting bracket and if so, what are the dimensions and how much would it cost to have it made?

Or are there any other alternatives of making sure that the pipe doesn't move around?

Cheers

...seeing as the Injen was design for LHD Corollas, making the mounting bracket useless for our RHD Corollas)?

Have you considered what the engine bay of a LHD Corolla looks like? It's not exactly reversed.

...seeing as the Injen was design for LHD Corollas, making the mounting bracket useless for our RHD Corollas)?

Have you considered what the engine bay of a LHD Corolla looks like? It's not exactly reversed.

Yeah, I know it's not just a reverse of ours. If it were that simple everything would just be the other way around lol. Just wanted to see what others have done in order to mount there's so it doesn't move around the front bumper where the foglights are.

You just unscrew the bolt and take the stock airbox out, which you then replace it with the Injen CAI - it comes with a metal mount which you attach/bolt one end to the CAI and the other end to the existing airbox mount. Remember to reset your ECU too. :)

thanks dwee - that part I understand from the instructions, but what I was actually referring to how you would mount the piping where the pod filter is. from what I recall reading is that the mounting brackets supplied with the SP2079 won't be compatible with our 'rollas :( or does everyone just have there's dangling lol? (nohomo)

Pretty much.. Can use zip ties! I'm assuming you're referring to the mount just above the pod? You can also cut the flexible part of the CAI shorter, so the pod actually sits higher and sits above the foglights rather than directly behind them. A few of the members have done this, I just left it as it is.

IMG_1659_2.jpg

Charlie, how long are you staying? Our monthly meet is on the 30th! :spiteful:

cable ties FTW!!!...oh btw im comming down on the 25th of july :ph34r: :D

Pretty much.. Can use zip ties! I'm assuming you're referring to the mount just above the pod? You can also cut the flexible part of the CAI shorter, so the pod actually sits higher and sits above the foglights rather than directly behind them. A few of the members have done this, I just left it as it is.

<pic>

Charlie, how long are you staying? Our monthly meet is on the 30th! :spiteful:

Thanks guys.

Peter, which part are you referring to in regards to the "flexible part"? Haven't received my CAI yet so can't tell which part you're referring to. Also I don't even have foglights installed yet so I'm not sure if that would be an option for me. Hmm looking at your pic I'm still pondering whether to get a hydroshield or not :/

dwee im driving down on the 25 and driving back to syd on the 29th..im hittin up great ocean rd for the week..any places to see?

@ dutchie...lol at being a dangler...haha i like mine free podding :D

Just let u know the filter in facelift model sit higher than non-facelift.. Everytime I clean my car, I can actually use my towel to clean the filter. In prefacelift model, your hand cannot even reach the filter..

You have to uue zip ties to tie up the cables, especially the lightning cables

dwee im driving down on the 25 and driving back to syd on the 29th..im hittin up great ocean rd for the week..any places to see?

@ dutchie...lol at being a dangler...haha i like mine free podding :D

oooo ocean rd. it's gonna be chilly there mate and I assume extremely foggehhhh.

mm.. free-podding danglers ftw?

Bummer! You just miss out our on meet. Lol depends how far you're going down on the GOR. There is the 12 Apostles, lots of nature walks etc, a nice relaxing waterfall north of Lorne.

Ben, do you mind posting a photo of your engine bay?

mines a dangler as well...tho mine is a custom CES job.

I dont like the idea of my dangler cable tied down :whistling:

LOL looks like almost everyone's a dangler! I feel that I may need to tame my dangler with some cable ties :X

LOL looks like almost everyone's a dangler! I feel that I may need to tame my dangler with some cable ties :X

Your Girlfriend must be very happy......... :ph34r:

....you left yourself open for that ;)

Your Girlfriend must be very happy......... :ph34r:

....you left yourself open for that ;)

Well played sir.. very well played indeed.

Wow your CAi still hasnt arrived? how long has it been now? is it normal for it to take this long?

At this rate I wont be able to help you put it in because im going overseas in September lol jks. Hopefully its gets here soon!