Sportivo Idle Issues

Hey guys im uploading a video on you tube now, just looking for idea on how to get this car to idle proper. ill try to explain as best i can but you can see in the video how unstable it is. its an intermittent issue also but happens more often than not. revs bounce from 700-2500 at worst times in the video its fairly tame but still annoying. also find that when pulling up to lights it drops right down to 400rpm and sometimes stalls mainly at night and when its cold out side. also note when the engine its self is cold its fine. any help or idea tips ect will be great.

Hey guys im uploading a video on you tube now, just looking for idea on how to get this car to idle proper. ill try to explain as best i can but you can see in the video how unstable it is. its an intermittent issue also but happens more often than not. revs bounce from 700-2500 at worst times in the video its fairly tame but still annoying. also find that when pulling up to lights it drops right down to 400rpm and sometimes stalls mainly at night and when its cold out side. also note when the engine its self is cold its fine. any help or idea tips ect will be great.

Do you have a powerfc? If so, the fuel map needs fixing around idle.

Unfortunately the PFC does what it wants with ignition timing around idle which can also compound the problem.

Unfortunately the PFC does what it wants with ignition timing around idle which can also compound the problem.

Yes have got the powerfc. still trying to upload this video. its been tuned already might just need to go back

How come it does this? Anyway to stop/control the problem?

The powerfc increases or decreases the ignition timing at idle to help control the idle speed in association with the ISCV. If the fuel map is a bit rough around idle then the AFR fluctuations can have an impact on the idle speed, which then sends the PFC into a mess as it screws around with the igntion timing and ISCV duty to try and achieve the defined idle speed.. I've heard that if you set all the idle values to zero then it disables the PFC's stupid idle ignition control, but I got rid of the PFC in pippy's car and replaced it with a vipec before I had a chance to test that.

The powerfc increases or decreases the ignition timing at idle to help control the idle speed in association with the ISCV. If the fuel map is a bit rough around idle then the AFR fluctuations can have an impact on the idle speed, which then sends the PFC into a mess as it screws around with the igntion timing and ISCV duty to try and achieve the defined idle speed.. I've heard that if you set all the idle values to zero then it disables the PFC's stupid idle ignition control, but I got rid of the PFC in pippy's car and replaced it with a vipec before I had a chance to test that.

sweet can i try doing this on the hand controller?? are there and negatives to doing this??

you can try it, just note down the values so you can change them back if it doesn't work. I never used the handcontroller, I bought a FC Datalogit for my powerfc tuning.

you can try it, just note down the values so you can change them back if it doesn't work. I never used the handcontroller, I bought a FC Datalogit for my powerfc tuning.

you mean just like the idle settings in the menu? there are 2 ones for elecv. load or a/c right? the lowest you can set them is 500rpm

u have connected with a conversion harness did you?

And i have power fc tuning software and usb cable for sale, it lets u do the tuning on the laptop and things the hand controller can't do.. great thing for road tuning

u have connected with a conversion harness did you?

And i have power fc tuning software and usb cable for sale, it lets u do the tuning on the laptop and things the hand controller can't do.. great thing for road tuning

yes have a harness. might be interested tell me more???

but also and ideas with the problem???

i too have this issue with idling bouncing around and i haven't been able to figure this out too. It got worst when i cleaned my air filter and throttle body. Also idling very high..i dont have stage 3 cams tho.

Cha54 - I've heard that if you set all the idle values to zero then it disables the PFC's stupid idle ignition control - (can this be done on the hand controller)

Is more like the base map problem, the map u currently running is not running in sync with your car which = your car needs a retune as the hand controller can't do the job. And wideband is just needed for Air/fuel ratio setting for the perfect efficency of power output. or this could be an ignition timing issue since u have changed the cam..

It's the map for sure. You wont fix it without a laptop interface and wideband o2 sensor.

ok too easy just need a re-tune then. what wideband o2 sensor do you recomend?

any other tip the get the idel as steady as possible??

Thanks

I like the NGK AFX wideband combo with the NTK sensor. I also own a few Innovate LC1's and a Tech Edge 2C0.

e

ok sweet. im looking at the ngk afx . so this is pretty much a more accurate version of the autometer air/fuel guage i got now??

your current narrowband gauge is completely useless for tuning. it's accurate at stoich only.

im going to get one asap you know of any suppliers in aust. ? sorry for the 20 questions. but with one of these will it make easier to tune? or safer? any gains??

thanks again