dealer servicing

Howdy gang. Just had my Presara (2007) serviced at my closest Toyota dealer here in Perth. I had a couple of issues with the car that I needed sorting, plus a 120,000km service. I have a right hand low beam headlight that goes off occasionally. Every damned night and usually more than once (car is a taxi btw)actually. If I switch the lights off and then on again it gets it working again. The dealer said they had looked at the headlight, wiring etc and couldn't find anything wrong. But it still keeps doing it. Also, can I ask, does the gear selector panel on the console light up? I'm sure it should. But mine doesn't. So I asked them to change the globe. I've been billed for it but it still doesn't light up. And I'm pretty sure the tyres have not been rotated although it states that this should be done. Lastly, the right rear wheel squeaks when I move up slowly on the cab rank. It's quite loud and almost sounds like the foot-park brake is rubbing or something. They said they brushed some dust out of there but, again, it's still happening.

I'd like to point out that the car has only recently been put on the road as a taxi. I bought the car with 107,000km on the clock so it's only done 13,000 as a cab. I'm the only driver and I take good care of my cars.

Maybe I'm imagining things but I really hate being taken for a ride, so to speak. Coming from a cabbie ....... I know, but still.

I have the feeling that none of my concerns have been addressed and that they have merely changed the oil and filter.

What does the forum think?

One of the things id do is take the car back to the service centre and get them to have another look at it...

you might need to call them and make a booking before you take it in.

90% of the time, the service centre you to bring the vehicle in and they will take a look at it.