Sound system

melvinlau

hey guys i was thinking of posting this is the audio section but i think it might be a corolla thing, just wondering if u other 1zz owners have the same problem, i've had my sound system for over 2 years now and recently on my driver side door a really annoying rumbling sound is coming from it, so are my speakers busted? are the panels just loose? are the original panels just useless? do i need sound deadening material? help me out guys

btw i haven't taken the door off to take a look yet, but just wanted to know if its a corolla thing or just me...

cheers

speakers are probably just **** cause there standard... do you notice you get it on songs that have more bass?

Try holding the door where its vibrating put pressure and see if it stops...

If thats the case u might have to put some rubber on the inside so it doesnt vibrate...

Or just buy better speakers :P less vibrations and more clarity B)

its not a standard system, they're kicker splits, and no popping noise so im pretty sure the speakers are fine, and i've tried holding the door in but it sometimes only reduces the rumble a little, and yeh it does get worse with higer bass songs, im an rnb listener :P i was hoping maybe the pins inside are a bit loose, in that case im not sure what to do apart from replace them, which i've done before, and it costs heaps, like $3 - 4 a pin :|

it costs heaps, like $3 - 4 a pin :|

dude! if it costs $3~4 a pin even if you replace them all, say 12 pins at $4 its still under $50 to pix the problem! :D

anyway.... another thing could be the speaker mounts. Are the 6.5inch? coz i know some installs by shops are dodge... they don't used the proper "padding" between the mount, door, speaker, or simply the bolt/screws securing the speaker isn't holdin properly.

Anyway... just some pointers that seemed to fixed a lot of my problems.... ;)

the space behind the magnet and the door may be the issue causing the reverberation if your not getting a poping sound,, do you know if a spacer was used i know that with my set up prior to intalling a spacer to lift the magnet away from the door my door was going nuts and bouncing.. this is wit JL fronts which are 6.5"

i was hoping maybe the pins inside are a bit loose, in that case im not sure what to do apart from replace them, which i've done before, and it costs heaps, like $3 - 4 a pin :|

WTF ?

What are these Pins you're talking about ?

Please explain !

yeh sure it costs under $50 per door to replace the pins, but i've done that like a year ago, and its back, so im not spending $50 every year for each door, and the pins im talking bout are the ones which hold the back inside to the door...

and yeh they're using wooden spacers, whats that about it moving away from the door? because the frame does add like an extra 1 - 2cm to the distance