Fuel Economy Whats Your MPG figures?

Steve

Whats the fuel economy on your car around town? How does it compare with the manufacturers MPG figures and have you managed to get better economy than the manufacturers stated figures? Dont forget to state which model you have :)

Toyota Camry Altise 2003 4cyl

according to the app i had, starting from this year, i avg about 10.5 L/100km (granny driving)

comparing to the manufacturing figures of 9.8 L/km

edit: 95% suburban driving 5% city

I get 8L/100 in the daily commute, although that does involve a bit of highway driving (80k zones with good traffic flow), which is bang-on for the OEM figure. Same goes for freeway/highway (6.6L/100)

mine is 6.9, half traffic jamming in 7am and 4pm, normal roads form 60-80 km/h. My average speed on the meter is 28-29km/h

Manufactor figure is 7.3 combined

I drive 6th gear most of the time starting from 60km/h

Edited by ben yip

I was keeping track of my fuel consumption here:

Aurion average fuel consumption approximation

So to continue on from that:

TRD Fuel Consumption (Excel Spreadsheet)

- At 5313km, my total fuel used was 500.99L and my average fuel consumption was 9.43L/100km

- At 9532km, my total fuel used was 909.91L and my average fuel consumption was 9.55L/100km

- At 17650km, my total fuel used was 1685.71L and my average fuel consumption was 9.55L/100km

- At 29083km, my total fuel used was 2837.00L and my average fuel consumption was 9.75L/100km

- At 43105km, my total fuel used was 4230.59L and my average fuel consumption was 9.81L/100km

- At 64746km, my total fuel used was 6378.71L and my average fuel consumption was 9.85L/100km

- At 86030km, my total fuel used was 8495.35L and my average fuel consumption was 9.87L/100km

This is combined 60% city, 40% highway driving. On 95% highway driving, I have managed to achieve a measured 7.1L/100km, so this car is certainly capable of decent figures.

Official published figure is 10.9L/100km combined cycle.

In the GTfour I managed to get 8L per 100km when I first got it. Then my foot started getting heavier and heavier.. now I get about 11-12L per 100km most tanks.. I can still get 9L if I drive like a cop is behind me. After adding the HKS PFC FCON.. fuel consumption got worse.. but I dont really mind.. its so much fun to drive, its worth the extra $$ for petrol.. As I live in the country, Im cruising at 110 most of the time between work and home.

Snoarer gets about 14L/100k around town when Cara takes it to work, if I take it then it drops to about 12L/100, open road highway and freeway can see it drop to 10L/100 which is pretty good for a ~2-tonne worked twin-turbo straight six.