Closed

Matty D

Lol I hope you realise the s13 weighs a fraction of the camry. Also wouldnt all coilovers look like it'll fit since its just 3 bolts on top, 2 for the hub and 1 for the sway bar? And there will be no where in aus that you will find anything that cheap. Maybe about 1300 new would be the cheapest you will be looking at. Gotta pay to play unfortunately

What I mean by I can get some for $100 is my friend has some sitting in his shed from an old R31 he used to have and said if they fit here they are for $100, and yes I know Camry's weigh more, I'm not as stupid as you think. I'm saying does anyone know if they bolt up etc. If they do then I will run them, I don't care about scrub issues, I have ordered 15x8 0 wheels and will have tyres on them in the next month and want to know my options in coilovers because I'm not paying the $1700 I was told SDV10 coilovers are priced at. Thanks

What I mean by I can get some for $100 is my friend has some sitting in his shed from an old R31 he used to have and said if they fit here they are for $100, and yes I know Camry's weigh more, I'm not as stupid as you think. I'm saying does anyone know if they bolt up etc. If they do then I will run them, I don't care about scrub issues, I have ordered 15x8 0 wheels and will have tyres on them in the next month and want to know my options in coilovers because I'm not paying the $1700 I was told SDV10 coilovers are priced at. Thanks

I HIGHLY doubt they will go anywhere near bolting up, especially not the rear ones. The closest you will get are ST18x or ST20x rears... they will bolt up, however the fronts will not. so its kind of pointless.

Buy the set from your mate for $100. Test the fit of them. If they don't at least you know without a doubt. Then sell them for what they are actually worth for a profit.

not doing that would be stupid.

He's my best mate that's just straight up dog to be quite honest, I'd rather test fit but I wanted to know it anyone had discovered what we think may fit or had any experience with it in the past to pass on to me, we arn't morons, he has removed and installed coilovers tones of times as he has had many R31's so if you want to be rude don't bother commenting this, thanks anyone that wasn't a loser the rest, beat it, go spread your 'knowledge' you learnt from reading comments on forums elsewhere.

If he's your best mate and you aren't a moron, then the smart move would be to test fit it. It will take up to an hour of your time to test one front and one rear and will most likely yield an answer faster than having to ask a small select audience on a forum because at the end of the day you are relying on:

1) Someone putting coilovers on a SDV10 (this is a Camry remember, not a commonly modified car) and,

2) Having researched alternative options because they would rather save some money.

So before trying to have a go at everyone just because they can't provide you with a definite and specific answer, why don't you be considerate enough to realise up that you have come along and joined this forum just to ask for help on a rather limited subject without providing any constructive input to the forum, let alone an introduction. Especially when you say you want a response ASAP. Where you got the impression that replies were rude, I don't know but if anything, you were the one being rude in telling them to "beat it".

Try them out and pass on the advice to others. I am always happy to pass on my knowlegde and trust me most of it's not forum learnt. But in this case you need to take the risk, I have in the past and it has had good and bad results.

He's my best mate that's just straight up dog to be quite honest, I'd rather test fit but I wanted to know it anyone had discovered what we think may fit or had any experience with it in the past to pass on to me, we arn't morons, he has removed and installed coilovers tones of times as he has had many R31's so if you want to be rude don't bother commenting this, thanks anyone that wasn't a loser the rest, beat it, go spread your 'knowledge' you learnt from reading comments on forums elsewhere.

You're the one being rude. All the posts prior to my clearly sarcastic post were valid and/or helpful and then you reply with a gutful of attitude.

Typical, cheap, lazy approach to modding. Too cheap to buy the real deal, too lazy to attempt to do any testing or research beyond 'post a thread on a forum and hope people spoon-feed me'.

I cant believe this argument is still going?

You think it fits? Test fit. If it bolts on, run it. However you would be stupid to run s13 coils on a camry that's much heavier. Coils are designed for the weight of that specific car. Dont cut corners when you mod, especially if its suspension components. Its your life your dealing with. If you dont have enough money to mod, dont do it or save until you can do it right.

//end thread.

I cant believe this argument is still going?

You think it fits? Test fit. If it bolts on, run it. However you would be stupid to run s13 coils on a camry that's much heavier. Coils are designed for the weight of that specific car. Dont cut corners when you mod, especially if its suspension components. Its your life your dealing with. If you dont have enough money to mod, dont do it or save until you can do it right.

//end thread.

To be fair the thread is very new. :lol:

What are the bolt spacing for the top "hat" ?

Have you done a part number check to see if any other vehicle utilizes the same parts with your wide body ?

Have you considered purchasing a coil over " thread kit" and modifying your strut to suit?

Why do you want coil overs? Are you doing track days?

Do u have the facility's, competence and knowledge to modify the $100 coil overs to suit your wide body?

I'm more then happy to check to see if I still have coil over components from previous conversions

What is your current suspension?

Edited by Cbr600