Camry 2000 Halo Headlight Installation

camrolla

Hello All :)

I am quite new to this forum so I would like to say Hello first of all :D

Just recently I purchased a pair of Halo Headlights for a Toyota Camry 2000 (MCV20R)

Here is the car:

toyota-camry-conquest-1997.jpg

Initially I thought that this installation will be a simple process with just a matter of replacing the stock headlights and fitting in the new ones.

However, the connectors on the Halogen Headlights were different :( :unsure:

These are the stock headlights:

tsd4500nal-2-marked.jpg

There are the newly purchased Halogen headlights:

02-AZ-TM00-B-RIM-01.jpg

The connectors are different because of the region clash (AUS/USA) :unsure:

I was wondering if you could please tell me the necessary steps I have to take to install the new headlights? :)

I want the Halo rings to turn on when I switch on low beam (parking lights) and the entire light to turn on when I switch on regular beam :D

Your support will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

I don't know about the connection side of things, but you may run into problems with the lighting. As the driver in the USA is on the left, the right side headlamp will shine differently (longer and slightly higher)as it is manufactured to shine on the kerb/edge side of the road. This means in Australia, it will be shining into oncoming drivers and could be hazardous to their vision.

I don't know about the connection side of things, but you may run into problems with the lighting. As the driver in the USA is on the left, the right side headlamp will shine differently (longer and slightly higher)as it is manufactured to shine on the kerb/edge side of the road. This means in Australia, it will be shining into oncoming drivers and could be hazardous to their vision.

Thank you for your reply.

There are a lot of cars which are running aftermarket headlights from the US though aren't there?

Regards,

Camrolla

Thank you for your reply.

There are a lot of cars which are running aftermarket headlights from the US though aren't there?

Regards,

Camrolla

There might be but that doesn't make it right.

You should adjust the lenses before installing them otherwise you are defectable.

There might be but that doesn't make it right.

You should adjust the lenses before installing them otherwise you are defectable.

Of course, don't want to run into any trouble... <_<

Thank you

Edited by camrolla

Exactly as Adrew said, also your lighting will be somewhat poor and you will blind other drivers. Police will also LOVE you.

That is true

I just don't know how/where to start with the wiring to get these lights fitted :\ ... hmmmm

Regards,

Camrolla

There is an easy fix for this problem, but is your camry a Gen4.5 or a Gen4? If it is a Gen4 as per picture then it wont really fit as the headlight/bumper assembly is slightly different. However if you have a Gen4.5, all you need to do is take the halo assembly (the black plastic bit) out of the headlights and out it in yours. It isnt stuck on or anything it just sits inside.

To do this all you need is to preheat your oven to about 180C. Turn it off and then chuck the headlights in there for 10-15. This will loosen the glue holding the front lens in.

Use a screw driver and gently pry it out. If it doesnt really budge bake it again.

Then do the same to your stock ones and put the black surround into yours.

Bake the headlights again to melt the glue and then press the finished headlight together until the glue cools and hardens again.

Note:

The LED isnt very bright and wont fully light up the whole ring properly. I'd change the LED in there while the lights are apart.

The LED will die and you will end up having no parkers.

There is no way you can realign those headlights unless you do what I did and cut a big hole out the back of it to install proper projectors in there.

You will not be able to realign the light spread even if you are to get an auto electrician to re-wire the lights for you.

e40_NBR_lichtfinger.gif

It's like that, though the long beam would be on the oncoming traffics side of the road (glaring them all) and the short end on your side (can't see the road but you got some pimp angel eyes right).

I guess if you had projectors, you could switch around the lenses (as they can't be adjusted and have to physically be taken out and switched) but I'm not sure if this is possible with reflectors?

hehe... It actually doesn't look that bad to be honest... :)

You must post up a picture when they're up and running, I just can't wait ;)

Though you went with CCFL angel eyes, I'm not sure how long they'll last?

Edited by Harlo

The only way would be to do what I said and take the blacked surround out of those headlights and install it into your stock ones.

I have taken the headlights apart and its easy. This is what I did to my set.

Daytimepicofprojectorssmall.jpg

Haloprojectorsoncarsmall.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The only way would be to do what I said and take the blacked surround out of those headlights and install it into your stock ones.

I have taken the headlights apart and its easy. This is what I did to my set.

Daytimepicofprojectorssmall.jpg

Haloprojectorsoncarsmall.jpg

Wow! :D

That looks like a nicely done job :) I am still waiting to find a pair of stock headlights from wreckers so that I can start the changes.

I don't want to try it on the lights which are currently in the car... need them for daily running.

Thanks again :D

Will keep you posted ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your help. Have not had time to carry out this modification yet. However I looking forward to complete this once time permits :)

Thanks again

Much Appreciated :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

There is an easy fix for this problem, but is your camry a Gen4.5 or a Gen4? If it is a Gen4 as per picture then it wont really fit as the headlight/bumper assembly is slightly different. However if you have a Gen4.5, all you need to do is take the halo assembly (the black plastic bit) out of the headlights and out it in yours. It isnt stuck on or anything it just sits inside.

To do this all you need is to preheat your oven to about 180C. Turn it off and then chuck the headlights in there for 10-15. This will loosen the glue holding the front lens in.

Use a screw driver and gently pry it out. If it doesnt really budge bake it again.

Then do the same to your stock ones and put the black surround into yours.

Bake the headlights again to melt the glue and then press the finished headlight together until the glue cools and hardens again.

Note:

The LED isnt very bright and wont fully light up the whole ring properly. I'd change the LED in there while the lights are apart.

The LED will die and you will end up having no parkers.

There is no way you can realign those headlights unless you do what I did and cut a big hole out the back of it to install proper projectors in there.

Sorry for knocking this thread back up. It's been a long time since I last replied on this thread. I haven't had any spare time to install the headlights until about 2 days ago when I said to myself... I am going to do this!

So I decided to stick with STYLSH's plan... thank you everyone for your ideas and opinions, I really appreciate it. For some reason I can't send STYLSH any messages perhaps your inbox is full :\ ...

I pried the new lights and took the casing off. Now from my imagination the reason why I couldn't install the new lights straight away was because of the reflector (the hat sort of thing that sits above the bulb?), correct?

I'm facing a problem at the moment and I was wondering if you guys could throw your opinions out this way.

Personally I'm very reluctant on removing the black halogen holder from these new lights... doing so would mean that I have to cut the wire that goes to the halogen because the module can't fit through the hole. Another reason I don't want to swap the insides over because the new lights have a nice looking backcover (shiny etc..) whereas the stock ones are plain boring (dirty, smoked)... So I decided to remove the reflector (hat sort of thing not sure I am calling it the right name?) off the stock lights and place them into the new lights with a little modification.

Conventional headlight (stock):

DSC_0011.jpg

New headlights:

DSC_0012.jpg

My question is: Will this fix the problem or am I completely on the wrong track here? :blush:

Thanks again

Camrolla

Edited by camrolla

Looks great but unfortunately not that great when driving :(

I get these two black lines in the middle of the road when I'm driving... Needs an adjustment by the looks but I don't know what's triggering these two lines...

Regards,

Camrolla

Ok from what I gathered you have moved the whole reflector and black housing from the new lights to the stock ones. That means that you have still replicated the problem with the lights spreading to the wrong side of the road. If I remember correctly I didn't need to cut that wire to take out the black housing as I had to remove it when I was modifying it for the projectors. Pretty sure you can unplug it and it'll come out.

Edited by STYLSH