help on new wheels

Schy

hi,

i have a 2011 corolla sedan and wanting to change my wheels.. i need suggestions on which wheels and tyres to get.. basically what we have here in our town are:

CSA:

http://csadirect.com.au/fitment-guide-alloy.asp?DataBankId=129&DataBankCat1Id=2

King wheels:

http://www.kingwheels.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=48

Speedy Wheels:

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/alloy.htm

Vendetta Wheels:

http://vendettawheels.com.au/wheels_catalogue.html

i need help on which one to get? i am wanting 17s or 18x7.5 or will 18x8 fit my car? sorry i know i need to read the other threads about the wheels and tyres but i couldn't understand them fully as i am really new to this..

as for the tyres, what size of tyres should i go for? what are the advantages and disadvantages of thinner or wider rubbers?

any help will be greatly appreciated :D

oh and i have the shimmer color from the site.. here is a link of the car that i have.. just choose the shimmer color

http://www.toyota.com.au/corolla/colours?WT.ac=VH_Corolla_TopNav_Colours

or

http://www.toyota.com.au/corolla/prices?WT.ac=VH_Corolla_TopNav_Prices

Taken from the ZRE Faq

2. Wheels

The stock wheel sizes for the ZRE are:

i) Ascent: 15x6 steel with 195/65R15 91H tires

ii) Ascent Sport, Conquest, Levin SX/ZR & Ultima: 16x6.5 +45 alloy with 205/55R16 91V tires

Stud pattern: All grades - 5x114.3

Wheel nut thread: M12 x P1.5

Want to buy wheels? Check first using Wheel Offset Calculator & Tire Size Calculator.

Generally, people have gone 17"/18" by 7-8" wide rims with +35 to +40 offset. Best to search or ask/PM someone first before buying! :)

hey jeffy!

ive read them on the zre FAQ, but i don't really understand:

Inner Clearance: 19mm LESS(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 19mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

and with the tire size calculator don't really understand whats written on the table.. XD

sorry.. such a noob..

Hey mate, those sizes you mentioned will fit, but an important factor is also depends on the offset of the rims you buy. If the offset is too positive (wheel goes more towards the car, eg. +50), a wider wheel may/may not fit or scrubbing may occur.

For the ZREs go 17x7s, 17x8s, 18x8s etc with offsets between +35 to +38. Before you buy the rims, should make sure by having a 'trial fit'. :)

In regards to tyres, there are heaps of tyres out there depending on your needs/wants, thread pattern, how deep your pocket is etc etc. Generally, the wider the tyres, the more grip and the more stable the car is. However, too wide/big and you may experience more drag, more fuel consumption.

For what size tyres to get, use this TireSizeCalculator. Try get a tyre size that has less than 3% difference compared to your stock wheels. This ensures your speedo is not out of whack when you put on your new wheels/tires. :)

Inner Clearance: 19mm LESS(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 19mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

It is comparing to your stock wheels. That is, if you picture your stock wheel on the car, the new wheel (with whatever offset) is 19mm wider on both the inside and outside of the wheel. I.e. your new wheel will intrude 19mm and extrude 19mm than it is currently with your stock wheels.

and with the tire size calculator don't really understand whats written on the table.. XD

sorry.. such a noob..

As in reading 205/55R16 91V?

205 is the width of the tire in millimetres

55 is the aspect ratio, that is the height of sidewall is about 55% of the width

R is the structure of the tyre

16 is the size of the rim (in inches)

91 is the load rating

V is the speed rating

Hey dwee! Thanks for that! Hehe! Ive read the bible on wheels so i know how to read the tires now :) what i didnt know was after putting the tire size on the calculator and it showed side by side comparison.. Dont really understand the table that was shown.. I'll post a link when i get home with the tire calculator and the table that i was talking about.. Hehehe!

lol that's one big list to choose from... Decide on a couple you like and then maybe ask other people what they think would suit the Shimmer colour more? Are you buying it brand new? Also, remember it is YOUR car, so mod it to the way you like/want :P

if it helps, here are pics of my stock rolla... and the 'shimmer' color.. lolz

edit: how do you make the photos smaller? XD

post-25625-0-89960000-1317203502_thumb.j

post-25625-0-57673000-1317203618_thumb.j

Edited by Schy

ahhh... ic ic! hehe! will do that next time... :D

anyone know how to simulate your car in bobjane.com.au to see how the wheels look like on your car? can't seem to find where it is.. :(

ahhh... ic ic! hehe! will do that next time... :D

anyone know how to simulate your car in bobjane.com.au to see how the wheels look like on your car? can't seem to find where it is.. :(

i use this, Click Enter

whoa! thanks for that jeffy! :D now i can look for similar wheels that can look good.. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.. so here are the wheels that im choosing from.. i need HELP which one!!!

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

or this:

advanti_talongunmetal.jpg

advanti_almera.jpg

need help which ones you guys think looks good on the car.. i cant really decide :( not really liking the kspeed biaggi, and starcorp racing variant but ive put it here as well just to see what you guys think..

The rim you decide depends on the overall theme you have decided to do with your car. If you have a theme or a picture of what you want your car to look like, then yes we can help you decide which rim will fit that theme the best. What do you want your car to look like? :)

I will advise you not to buy rims on the spur of the moment, as probably down the track you will want to change rims; not ideal and your $$.

I will advise you not to buy rims on the spur of the moment, as probably down the track you will want to change rims; not ideal and your $$.

+1 .. wanna buy my rims schy ? LOL ~!

Hehehe! Jeffy, what do yours look like? You have a camry right? Will they fit on mine? Lol!

Having 2nd thoughts on wheels.. :(

Dont know what to do.. Which one.. I am confused!

i'll take the lensos type m and then drop it...that's my choice :P

but really keep checking out pics online and get as many ideas in your head before making the purchase, gotta be absolutely sure they're the ones u wanna put on or as pete said they are costly...