3ZR fE speed cut?

Nap13

Hi All,

i'm own corolla altis with 3ZR fE engine (2.0). anybody has experiance top speed with this car. i push to max until padel to floor & max hit only 180-190 only..then stuck at that point only..izzit this car has speed cut like Japs. model.

if have a speed cut..any eletronic part can remove this annoying speed.

what i'm doing is not mean for street racing purpose..sometime want reach to destination faster a bit..

thanks in advance.

This thread should get deleted soon, or locked, we don't condone illegal activities , e.g excessive speeding.

he never explicitly stated he was speeding on a public road... merely implied.

With that said, that sort of speed should only ever be attempted on a track or private road... and Toyota Owners Club Australia does not condone illegal activity.

max hit only 180-190 only..any eletronic part can remove this annoying speed.

because 190 is such an annoyingly low speed limit for a 2.0L hatchback.....

Only place you'll get to faster is the hospital, or the morgue

Oh it's ok. I just noticed he's not in Australia so whatever he does in his country has no effect on us whatsoever.

Go ahead, drive as fast as you want on public road. I'm sure you can bribe the cops if you get caught.

Hi All,

i'm own corolla altis with 3ZR fE engine (2.0). anybody has experiance top speed with this car. i push to max until padel to floor & max hit only 180-190 only..then stuck at that point only..izzit this car has speed cut like Japs. model.

if have a speed cut..any eletronic part can remove this annoying speed.

what i'm doing is not mean for street racing purpose..sometime want reach to destination faster a bit..

thanks in advance.

Seems you are coming from Thailand or South east Asia. Speed cut is a legal requirement for USA cars. You can get a Unichip to get around it over there, but only for 2zrFE not 3ZRFE they got a feature to remove this, but check the ECU mapping, road speed limit in USA cars might be different from your country. and I know the speed limiter is set to around 160km/h in the USA, even Corolla RUNX has that speed limit

Since you are hitting 190 already, I don't think it is related to the speed limiter, I doubt whether your car got some other problems

You better drive your car on dyno at 200 rather than driving on the road.

Edited by ben yip

Seems you are coming from Thailand or South east Asia. Speed cut is a legal requirement for USA cars. You can get a Unichip to get around it over there, but only for 2zrFE not 3ZRFE they got a feature to remove this, but check the ECU mapping, road speed limit in USA cars might be different from your country. and I know the speed limiter is set to around 160km/h in the USA, even Corolla RUNX has that speed limit

Since you are hitting 190 already, I don't think it is related to the speed limiter, I doubt whether your car got some other problems

You better drive your car on dyno at 200 rather than driving on the road.

Whaaa? Where did you get info from? America? This is the country where the people keep shooting speed cameras... Speed limited to 160kph?

I know Benz limits their cars' top speed to 155mph, which is 250kph.

thanks ben yip..for sharing info..

test run at private road & it closed for test drive/speed only..

public road 110 Only..prevent get speed trap or summon..

thanks for concern..

btw please read carefully "what i'm doing is not mean for street racing purpose"

this is asking & sharing..

P_T nut or not it's depand on guts & i will not bribe the cops when they doing job..if i do mistake by driving fast or whatsoever..yess please summon me...(i got summon already at 60KM zone when i drive 65KM) but i happy to pay..as i know he doing their job..

mick_wheelz..thanks for info

jeffry>..agressive driving go ro track

hiro_ thanks for reminder

Edited by Nap13

I just figure you're from southeast Asia and I been there before and I know most people would just pay off the cops. Sorry if I was wrong.

ha ha which country are you refering..here as far i know, got some of them do it..(in one bucket apple..not all bad apple)

if you say most people would just pay off the cop..i believe that is not the way...if do wrong face it..i afraid you got wrong impression only..