No power at a rolling stop

bush1e

Hi Guys

I haven't been on the forums much lately, my Aurion has been really smooth and very happy with it. I have an intermittent problem however - I have tried very hard to make it repeatable or try to get something that I can pin down, but so far I'm not successful

When I come to a give-way type of intersection, I coast up ton the intersection and then accelerate out. However, every now and then when I put my foot down, nothing happens, I'm totally dead in the water. The engine revs, but it doesnt feel like a gear has been engaged. Typically the speed is between 30 and 40 km/hr. This lasts for a least 1 second until it gets into gear. The other day it happened on the highway at ~100km/h when I tried to pass a car. i squeezed into a gap and had to gun it a little to make the pass, put my foot down and nothing. It hasnt happened at speed before or since.

I had it 80,000k serviced the other day and the toyota mechanics couldnt find a fault, thought it might be something to do with the flywire but were very arm wavy and vague. I have been through the last 6 pages of forum posts, but can't find any mention of it. Has anyone experienced this problem, or have any ideas?

Also, can someone recommend a good fuel additive for cleaning my injectors, please. I have never used one and its probably due.

Cheers :)

Mine has lag on hard acceleration to I think it is just normal in the Aurion, I often use sport mode if I plan overtake to avoid this.

If you are trying to say when you plant your foot to the floor to acceleration and there is a delay in acceleration. Then that's normal. It's a complaint some people have with the Aurion. It's the ECU trying to calculate what you are trying to do.

He says that the revs are going up though, which doesn't seem like fly-by-wire lag. Sounds more like the torque converter is slipping, tried a transmission fluid service?

He says that the revs are going up though, which doesn't seem like fly-by-wire lag. Sounds more like the torque converter is slipping, tried a transmission fluid service?

Thanks for your replies guys. I dont think I'm accelerating particularly hard, but perhaps I am

As for the revs going up.... I'm gonna have to double check it now, its making me second guess myself... maybe they are not going up

I know the exact issue you are referring to mate. I have had the same happen to me on multiple occasions. It happens if you manage to accelerate just at the right moment as you are slowing down and the transmission is automatically changing down a gear. I figured it is probably the same action as transmission flare, only in the opposite direction.

Thanks for the info, I checked the problem on the weekend and it doesn't seem to be revving when this happens, so I'm assuming it is what DJKOR says

Anyone remember the fuel additive I asked about in the original post, btw? Cheers

There is an injector cleaner additive you can buy from Toyota. Myself and Adamsy have used it, pretty sure my old man put it through his V6 Hilux too. Was pretty good stuff IMO.

So first up Toyota has Released a new range of concentrated Injector cleaners that are compatible with D4 engines (Direct injection 4stroke)There's one for petrol’s and one for diesel, i can personally vouch for these products, we have used them in work vehicles and the difference is noticeable! Especially in the diesels when they are cold no more rattles/knocking, and much smoother and they feel freed up again and it has seemed to of help economy too. I plan on putting a bottle through the Aurion next week when it gets serviced. It’s worth noting that because this new range is concentrated it only needs to be put in every 2 years or 40,000kms as opposed to the old Jet stream version that was required around every 10,000kms (Jetstream also wasn’t compatible with D4-D engines) anyway for more information check out the attachment. But it’s a cheap way to clean your engine regain a bit of lost power and economy, loose any hesitations and get back that smooth idle all with the knowledge it’s a product formulated especially for your Toyota Engine by Toyota’s own engineers.

(Really should work in P.R aye?)

*Important to note that this product should only be poured into a fuel tank that is three quarters full be preferable it's best to pour the product in before refuelling.*

Injector Cleaner - 08813-00830 $24.00 (once every 2 year or 40,000kms)