Sportivo Video

Lovin the movie clip,

Its a reminder of how sweet the 2ZZ-GE sounds.

Sounded like you hit the limiter at the top of 1st and possibly just at the top of 2nd.

Cleaning that up abit will make you slightly faster.

You stayed well within the powerband though!

Because of that i'll be trying to find myself a nice quiet stretch of road over the wkd!

Lovin the movie clip,

Sounded like you hit the limiter at the top of 1st and possibly just at the top of 2nd.

Because of that i'll be trying to find myself a nice quiet stretch of road over the wkd!

Yeah, hit the limiter on nearly every gear.. It's a cool limiter though. It bounces quite fast, and gives you a chance to shift smoothly. My mates Prelude is harsh on the limiter! It's like hittin the brakes :o

I posted this vid to show people its is quite posible to keep this car in its hi-cam power range. I hate that motor magazine states "the corolla drops off its hi-cam lobes 1st and 2nd gear changes"... Bullsh*t, you just have to drive it like you stole it :lol:

Lovin the movie clip,

Yeah, hit the limiter on nearly every gear.. It's a cool limiter though. It bounces quite fast, and gives you a chance to shift smoothly. My mates Prelude is harsh on the limiter! It's like hittin the brakes :o

I posted this vid to show people its is quite posible to keep this car in its hi-cam power range. I hate that motor magazine states "the corolla drops off its hi-cam lobes 1st and 2nd gear changes"... Bullsh*t, you just have to drive it like you stole it :lol:

hehe, damn rev limiter, it annoys me sometimes, especially when i only have 6.2k odd to work with and she is still making power :( like the stivo though i dont think it is too harsh, i have managed to get some nice changes off a limiter rebound.

Also good to hear 2zz-ge that you are keen to treat your sportivo like a getaway car, i am too conservative <_< i want my corolla to see it past the 5 year mark at least...

EDIT: Love the the sig as well 2zz, haha, downhill race...

Edited by Mintos

whoa u hitting it hard there

i rev it only till 8000rpm and change gear

never pass 8000

dont know if i can change quick enough so it doesnt go pass red line

gotta try that one day haha

No problems as Toyota claims max horsepowers at 7800 the engine is ment to rev to limiter at 8200 or as near that as possible. It won't do any harm to the engine as its built for this kinda reving.

If you don't rev it to 8200 rpm at 1st gear you will fall way under lift when changing to second gear

Awww man you revved up to 6k rpm already, couldn't hear Lift kick in =/

It's not possible to get into lift when no gear is engaged. This is to protect the engine because rev a engine hard with no load on it is no good to any engine.

Edited by martenj76

awww disapointed i clicked on the link and the web page opened but nothing happened even after i let it go for like 30min

dont suppose anyone knows what the go is

maybe you could e-mail it to me 2zzge sportivo

cheers

none of the links work  :angry:

what r u talking about johnny, it works fine man. try my link.

Response denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy.

Reason: header 'Content-Type' denied rule='Default' value='video/x-msvideo'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method: GET

Host: s1.putfile.com

Path: /videos/b4-24318124557.avi

maybe its coz im at work ... :lol:

bloody honda internet policy restrictions... grrr :angry:

none of the links work  :angry:

what r u talking about johnny, it works fine man. try my link.

Response denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy.

Reason: header 'Content-Type' denied rule='Default' value='video/x-msvideo'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method: GET

Host: s1.putfile.com

Path: /videos/b4-24318124557.avi

maybe its coz im at work ... :lol:

bloody honda internet policy restrictions... grrr :angry:

denied by watchguard... deffinately a restriction there :P

veryy nice!

was ur 0-100 time abou 7.x secs?

stock as a rock right?

Stock as a rock.. If you fall off the 6k mark when shifting from 1st-2nd you fall into the 'torque hole' which really slows your time. So shift hard and fast and you'll beat any manafactures claims.. I have no idea what my 0-100 time there was.. But it seems faster than 8.2sec (what toyota claims).

When my gearbox and clutch was fixed i could do this all the time...

http://media.putfile.com/Rolla_2zz

When you say fixed, do you mean fixed by Toyota or did you swop in your own aftermarket clutch?

hi,

I had lots of issues with shifting gears above 7500rpms, after complaing for 3 months, toyota replaced gear linkages and the clutch under waranty. I dont have the car anymore, but if i did i would have gone a stronger clutch as mine was on its way out after 20000kms after its replacement. But if you drive it like a idiot all the time thats what you get.