Toyota owners club

Is the Toyota Owners Club, an actual functioning car club ? If so how much is membership ? and if it's not, then it bloody should be.

I think it would become a great club, with state branches, holding show 'n' shines, burnout comps, track days, dyno days, etc etc etc.

All members get a discount at services and stores across their home state, club sticker, keyring and a club shirt, (shirts should cover sizes including 4XL, for us big boys :D ). It was just a thought i had, and for an extra fee, you get your bonus 'forum' pack. Using the existing silver membership scheme. Club fees, would be enough to cover the forum fees, as well as the running of the club.

Just an idea.

TOC is a web based car club that has fee paying members and non fee paying members.

We are not a 'functioning car club' in the sense that we do not have a weekly TOCAU meeting and events, although many of us have taken advantage of the contacts we have made through the forum for regular activities.

In QLD, mnost of us usually meet weekly (see Meets & Events) and I know the Sydney and Melbourne guys try to as often as they can as well.

Read the forums for a bit longer and you'll get the idea of what we are about...

Welcome...

Cheers

A :)

A few forum members are also members of "functioning" car clubs, such as the Toyota Car Club here in Queensland, that do have regular monthly meetings, a constitution, various social and competitive events and discounts on various products and services.

If you also have a look at toymods.org.au, they are a primarily internet-based club, but do have regular meetings and events, and they're based in Sydney. Again, some of the members of this forum have appeared in the toymods forums, as we have in other forums of interest.

One of the fantastic things for me personally is that its easy to link up with Toyota owners all over the country, both in organised and more casual ways.

Hope that helps.

A few forum members are also members of "functioning" car clubs, such as the Toyota Car Club here in Queensland, that do have regular monthly meetings, a constitution, various social and competitive events and discounts on various products and services.

If you also have a look at toymods.org.au, they are a primarily internet-based club, but do have regular meetings and events, and they're based in Sydney.  Again, some of the members of this forum have appeared in the toymods forums, as we have in other forums of interest.

One of the fantastic things for me personally is that its easy to link up with Toyota owners all over the country, both in organised and more casual ways.

Hope that helps.

Just to correct you on this

TOYMODS is a fully fledged car plub with a constitution, elected representatives, monthly meeting, etc. They are only based in NSW as it's cheaper in public liability insurace. Which is a requirement if you are going to hold events such as car shows and the like.

The web forum for Toymods has blown up beyond expectation but this is not translated to fee paying members...

If you also have a look at toymods.org.au, they are a primarily internet-based club, but do have regular meetings and events, and they're based in Sydney.  Again, some of the members of this forum have appeared in the toymods forums, as we have in other forums of interest.

Hope that helps.

Just to correct you on this

TOYMODS is a fully fledged car plub with a constitution, elected representatives, monthly meeting, etc. They are only based in NSW as it's cheaper in public liability insurace. Which is a requirement if you are going to hold events such as car shows and the like.

The web forum for Toymods has blown up beyond expectation but this is not translated to fee paying members...

Buddha sits, tummy ample and bare, corrected :D

At the moment TOCAU is internet based. This part of the club is only a year old and is building a firm foundation for a popular club.

This is the 4th club i have set up and like the other it will grow just like the others.

Give it time. But for the time being.. enjoy it here! ;)

Buddha, does the toyota car club have a website at all ?

not that i know of :(

but if your in QLD yet we meet the first tuesday of every month at motorarma 4x4xmore from 7:30 onwards

I heard at the last meeting that there is a website in the making at the moment, tomorrow night is the next meeting so there might be some more info then. :)

budha can you get some minutes of the meeting for me please as the car is still not running and I would like to know when the show'n'shine and other events are on :D

Or get Charles to mail me the last couple of newsletters please?

Craig Sadler

18 Sellhurst St

Coopers Plains Q 4108