Battery Trd Aurion

TRD69

my bad i should of advised my budget, its around the $180 price range. Any suggestions for that range?

kind regards

Edited by TRD69

I think you need a battery to meet or equal the manufacturer's requirements of the aurion due to dimensions and "cranking amps", meeting the number is generally sufficient, while people who live in cold climates may want the extra protection of a battery that exceeds the requirements. All this means is a smaller battery may not have the power/amps to crank the engine over. Look for a decent warranty, date of manufacture and stay clear of batteries that have been on the shelf for a while

Will have a look around tomorrow, what are the battery specs?

Thanks!!

My G** people are getting lazier and lazier these days:

di-413204061951.jpg

di-513204062095.jpg

If you still don't understand and don't know how to research, read here.

Love the facepalm lol

I have had good experience with Century Heavy Duty batteries in the past, good price & excellent warranty replacement when i got it from battery world here in Perth.

I had one that after 12 months of the 2 year warranty a cell had died and when they tested it with there little electronic tester found it to be elligable for replacement.

They changed it on the spot :D

and should be in your price range :)

When i searched their website it came up with these 2 - http://www.centurybatteries.com.au/search/index.php/models/ID-1888

When i searched their website it came up with these 2 - http://www.centurybatteries.com.au/search/index.php/models/ID-1888

Notice the 55D23L on the White sticker on my battery. Shows that the Toyota OEM battery is no different to the standard Century battery so they haven't done a dodgy on us. That said, even the standard Century battery is quite reliable. I still have the factory one and 4 years and 4 months on, it is still going strong and starts the car flawlessly.

thanks for the palm face, i love being a complete noob to cars and joining a forum just to get mocked.

well anyways bought a century ultra high performance battery, which fixed my cold start problem.

never the less thanks to those who kindly replied!

cheers

Century supply TMCA there batteries for Altona and of course supply the dealer network there spare parts batteries. Century do some pretty decent test on their Toyota supplied batteries and have very good after sales service and not to mention great performance so you'd be nuts not to go for another 55D23L or higher performing Century product espcially if you have an aftermarket sound system. :)

thanks for the palm face, i love being a complete noob to cars and joining a forum just to get mocked.

dry.gif Are you kidding me? You were too damn Lazy to go to your car and look at your battery, what do you expect? Do you want us to wipe you a** next time you take a dump? You brought it upon yourself. Have a nice day. :D

/rant

YES REALY !!!

Hahaha...

And your welcome for the info mate, don't take the mocking to heart the people on this forum sometimes loose there manners BUT when they can be botherd, have some really great and usefull info to share....

And we all obey DJKOR as he is our Aurion God :yahoo:

YES REALY !!!

Hahaha...

And your welcome for the info mate, don't take the mocking to heart the people on this forum sometimes loose there manners BUT when they can be botherd, have some really great and usefull info to share....

And we all obey DJKOR as he is our Aurion God :yahoo:

no hard feelings ever taken lol

just i'm a complete noob, i did look at the battery but had no idea what the numbers or anything meant. i did some google searches but hey whats the harm in asking a question.. i mean if i knew it all i wouldnt of bothered asking.

cheers mate

Edited by TRD69

• 5 months later...

So I lost everything I was typing to post here, so here is the pic and 15% of what I originally typed ...

Bought a sealed battery (right) for my project car (imagine an Ariel Atom), which is using an Aurion 2GR-FE as a donor (left):

797375df.jpg

Went from 15.1 to 7.0kg, including metal jacket.

Alternate battery technologies (such as this, being Absorbed Glass Mat or AGM) can have a lower CCA spec, but deliver great cranking power - the above is rated 170 CCA, but delivers 520A for 5 seconds (which is enough for me).

The manufacturer recommendation for a V6 Camry (by physical size being plug and play) is for an 850 CCA (1500A for 5 seconds) unit.

Can be mounted in any direction and uses very little space.

Started the engine straight out of the box ... no turning over, the engine just went from OFF to ON.

Battery service life is roughly double that of a lead acid equivalent.

I know I'm using this in more of a Motorsport environment ... but the future will be all about batteries :(

• 4 months later...

Looking at replacing my battery now that the Toyota 90,000km Service is happening and they say its on its way to dead....

Looking into the AGM based battery, has anyone got a good suggestion to suit the aurion ?

I know of the Red Top & the Century AGM based battery, but unsure of quality etc ?

Anyone got one at the moment ?

Cheers, Steele.

P.S - 90K Service is costing $930 here in WA....