INJEN HYDROSHIELD

Ordered an injen hydroshield for $20 dollars on ebay which came with free shipping cause it was combined with my injen cold air intake, first of all this product is cheap for the amount of protection it gives to your cold air intake. I have tested this out by spraying water onto the pod filter with the hydroshield over it, the water just drips off the hydroshield and nothing is absorbed, i recommend this product because as you know sometimes the weather in Australia can be random its burning hot in the daytime then its pouring down rain at night and for cars that are lowered this is a perfect product and saves you alot for the peace of mind. Remember this product is water repellent not water proof.

Injen Technology's HYDRO-SHIELD are race proven material manufactured from highly durable polyester. Uniform micron openings allow the filtering of debris .005" or larger. The HYDRO-SHIELD are factory treated using an embedded hydrophobic process, which offers consistent airflow, water repellency and maintains horsepower gains. (Please note that this product is water repellent, not water proof)

Key Features:

-Available in RED, BLUE, BLACK

-Water Repellent Outer Coating

-Consistent Air Flow

376908_2667555695091_1442019801_3001140_691754954_n.jpg

Edited by 2204

Great to hear,

just wondering if you could link me where you got the hydroshield for $20 ??

cheapest i could find would be like $27.00

http://stores.ebay.c.../theboombopshop thats his ebay store make sure you find the right hydroshield to suit your pod filter, this ebay store allows you to make an offer.

Pic doesn't work ?

should work now mate

Yes the Injen Hydroshield has been debated over much in the past. Many say and swear that there will never be a need for it unless you drive into a river and hydrolock. I think its all up to personal preference. I took mine off as i felt it restricted the airflow.

Im not shunning the product because for what it is and how much it costs and its effectiveness it really is bang for buck.

Opinion

Doubt it will stop hydrolock, if this $20 part would of saved my engine even remotely last month from breaking a rod from water, I would of gave it a try...

Also, I wouldn't of tested this by splashing water on it lol

Although mine looked different, I tested it one day under a tap; I was impressed it worked well!

Up to personal preferences as stated above, but it's also have that peace of mind. Of course you still try to avoid puddles, rivers and the like.. :lol:

I really don't see the point of this hydro shield. Water splashing onto your pod wouldn't hinder the engine. To hydrolock, the intake has to be fully sealed and submerged. That means on a CAI the whole pod has to be in water for the vacuum to do any damage.

In any case I think the bypass that someone used to make was a smart idea. I was made by either AEM or Injen.

Quick check shows its made by AEM. The air by-pass valve is what I'm talking about.

A little article here