Fuel Injector Clean/Flush

Hello there :D

This thread is related to the thread I made a while ago:

Toyota Corolla 1.8L Fuel Consumption

Unfortunately I have a fuel consumption issue with my Corolla. On the full tank it will only do about 350kms. :(

I intend on cleaning the fuel injectors and giving the whole car a flush of some sort.

I was wondering if I could get some advise on how to use Fuel Injector Cleaners properly? They sell them at the fuel stations and a friend of mine told me to pump a full tank of 98 Premium (normally use Regular Unleaded) and then add some fuel injector cleaner? Any ideas what I should do? :unsure:

Thanks for your help

Much Appreciated :)

Not being silly. This is how i fixed my AE102's smoking and fuel problems... I poured BP ultimate 98 ron and then proceeded to thrash it hard for about 100 kays then ease off for a hundred then thrash again, until i used up the tank.

Injector cleaners can only do so much but Fuel Doctor seems to work well. Using the stuff isn't rocket science; just add a bottle to a tank of fuel and drive it.

I've recently paid for a on-car fuel injector clean which involved them disconnecting the fuel line and running a device that contains some serious injector cleaning fluid directly to the engine. Time will tell how much of a difference it will make

This has been covered already.... do a search next time yo...

But anywhoo... I got "fuel doctor" .. from supercheap. For $10

yep fuel doctor seems to somewhat work for me :P and $10?! i bought my bottles for $15 :angry:

Injector cleaners can only do so much but Fuel Doctor seems to work well. Using the stuff isn't rocket science; just add a bottle to a tank of fuel and drive it.

I've recently paid for a on-car fuel injector clean which involved them disconnecting the fuel line and running a device that contains some serious injector cleaning fluid directly to the engine. Time will tell how much of a difference it will make

Does it have to be 98 Premium or anything like that or is it alright just adding it to regular unleaded?

Thanks again!

Does it have to be 98 Premium or anything like that or is it alright just adding it to regular unleaded?

Thanks again!

use the 98ron, its cleaner and you get more mileage out of it,

This has been covered already.... do a search next time yo...

But anywhoo... I got "fuel doctor" .. from supercheap. For $10

yep fuel doctor seems to somewhat work for me :P and $10?! i bought my bottles for $15 :angry:

hehe got it while there was a 30% off storewide sale :spiteful:

change your fuel filter before using any fuel system cleaners. They're good at dislodging crap from your filter and sending it to your injectors.

If the o2 sensor has never been replaced before then that's most likely the cause of your poor economy.

Just purchased a bottle of Fuel Doctor from Super Cheap.

I still have about 3/7 of unleaded fuel left in the tank. Do I put the cleaner in when the tank is empty for after filling up to full tank (50L)?

Can I just add it straight to regular unleaded fuel or do I add it to 98 premium full tank? (I've never used anything other than Regular Unleaded)

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by camrolla

change your fuel filter before using any fuel system cleaners. They're good at dislodging crap from your filter and sending it to your injectors.

If the o2 sensor has never been replaced before then that's most likely the cause of your poor economy.

Do you think this is a good deal?

TOYOTA COROLLA OIL AIR FUEL FILTER PACK AE101 AE102 AE112

Where can I find a good genuine O2 sensor? :huh:

Are the fuel filters and O2 sensors easy to install?

Thanks for your help! :D

Dunno how the people in the office upsell these but it happens, yes, we disable your fuel pump, and d/c te hose in your engine bay and basically run your car off a can of some sort of cleaning agent.

We did this at work once, car idles great on it, put it back so the car ran off the fuel in the tank, and it was terrible! Took a fuel sample, the amount of crap that was in the tank, we had to clean the injectors again and call em back saying what we found.. Idled ok before w e sold the product, ran good on the product then ran crap back on their fuel, as u can see why the cust must of been upset with this.. When they didn't notice a problem in the first place

But as mentioned about replace ur fuel filter before adding anything to the tank, & u need to get someone to get a scanner and check ur op of ur o2 sensors, if their fluctuating lean and rich or it's dead...

So should I wait it out until I replace the fuel filter & O2 sensor and then use the fuel injector cleaner?

Or should I just use it now along with a full tank of Premium 98? Will using it now have any harm on my fuel system?

Thanks for your help :D

Much Appreciated

• 1 month later...