8.0' HD GPS DVD TV IPOD BLUETOOTH TOYOTA CAMRY/AURION

aem

I got the one for the Yaris, so far I have had no problems with mine.

It is essentially the same radio with a different facia to suit. It comes with everything for plug and play.

The GPS comes in an SD Card already in the unit, you can listen to the radio while the Nav screen is showing and the voice comes through the speakers.

And comes with Pre outs so amps can be used also.

Thanks for the response grelise. Did you install it yourself of paid for their service, if so how much is the installation fee?

Btw, you can only use 1 DVD at a time right, cos the oem deck has 6 CD changer.

I installed mine myself, and yeah, 1 DVD at a time. Doesn't bother me as I use the IPod and USB for my music, saves having to change CD's on the run, less time your eyes are off the road. And I have a roof mounted DVD system for my Kids. I only put a DVD in the HU if I want to control what my kids watch.

I also find the multiCD ones, when the go wrong are a pain to get your CD's out, most of the time it involves pulling the HU apart.

Hense why I prefer USB or IPod to hold and play music from. If the HU breaks, I still have my music.

That makes perfect sense, no need for multiple DVD usage when you can use USB.

So everything works well, no sound degradations through speakers, Radio tuning, GPS works, and also reverse Camera?

Are there any negative points about it?

AEM - the unit in that link you posted is a complete piece of crud. The software is ancient and cannot be updated, it doesn't have much RAM and the interface is over 2 years old. It is also overpriced for that. Take a look in the Aurion section of the forums for our aftermarket GPS discussion thread, as a funny coincidence I just reviewed a unit that has the same external appearance but completely updated internals and software. The Aurion is the same unit you would use in the Camry.

Also a cold start up time of 45seconds is the longest I have ever seen. Even my current unit at 20 seconds seems slow, 45 is ridiculous.

+1 Steven's post

Personally, I am not a fan of Chinese branded head units. Bought two different ones this year, was a real waste of my money... They lack too much on the SQ. Other than that it was fun with many functions.

What's SQ? I'm buying the unit for GPS,Reverse Camera, Ipod connectivity more than hearing/watching DVDs. By the sound of things the GPS software is not as good as your normal Tomtom or Garmin but does it do the job?

What's SQ? I'm buying the unit for GPS,Reverse Camera, Ipod connectivity more than hearing/watching DVDs. By the sound of things the GPS software is not as good as your normal Tomtom or Garmin but does it do the job?

Issue's you will (likely) encounter with that unit you initially linked

GPS

Won't let you change music tracks when you have the GPS displayed on screen.

IPod

Everytime you get back into the car you will need to reselect Ipod mode, then navigate to the song or playlist you want. It won't resume playing from where you last left it.

SQ means sound quality, and I can personally vouch that there is a huge differential in SQ amongst these units. The latest I reviewed wasn't bad at all, but still had the odd pop or slight background noise if you were trying to listen for it. I found it to be a non-issue but I wouldn't dream of entering an SQ comp with one.

For the GPS software, majority of these Chinese units use iGo8. I have been using iGo on my mobile since 2007; when I bought my first GPS phone - Asus P535. I personally like it a lot better than TomTom, Navman and Garmin. It comes down to personal preference.

Some Kenwood, JVC, Sony head units also uses iGo as their GPS software. Pioneer built in GPS are terrible.

With the Chinese units I have tested, many, the iPod function sucks! No flexibilities, hard to find songs, etc. Prefer the iPod functions on the Pioneers. (Haven’t tried all the major branded head units)

Decent sound quality means a lot to me because I spend more time listening to music than using any other functions of the head unit. When I installed my very first Chinese unit, I was so disappointed the sound quality, but due to the initial hype and excitement of all the fun functions, I attempted to fix the sound by purchasing a crossover, new component speakers, amplifiers and equalizer. None of these helped much. So I binned the head unit.

As for the reverse cameras, all the new head units with a screen will have reverse camera input. It is not just the Chinese units that have them

Choose wisely… and make sure you plan your system before you install.

For me i calc things.

GPS - $150-200 (tomtom)

Reverse sensor - $100 (?? but does no visual)

Ipod connectivity - say $100 (not sure how though)

So basically i would spend $400 on those seperately.

SQ is pretty important but how does it compare to stock radio SQ i have at the moment on the 6 speakers sportivo?

I'll settle for 7" for the 256MB unit but do they one so not to overspend. the main thing i wanted the aftermarket unit is as mention before

1) GPS - used only when required and this could be once in a long while.

2) Reverse Cam - used very frequently!

3) Ipod/USB connectiviy - used frequently but not everyday depending on who drives the car. Sound SQ needs to be same or better than the stock radio unit.

Steven is there a cheaper 7" 256MB unit, and i will need it to be installed cos i can't do it.

For me i calc things.

GPS - $150-200 (tomtom)

Reverse sensor - $100 (?? but does no visual)

Ipod connectivity - say $100 (not sure how though)

So basically i would spend $400 on those seperately.

SQ is pretty important but how does it compare to stock radio SQ i have at the moment on the 6 speakers sportivo?

I'll settle for 7" for the 256MB unit but do they one so not to overspend. the main thing i wanted the aftermarket unit is as mention before

1) GPS - used only when required and this could be once in a long while.

2) Reverse Cam - used very frequently!

3) Ipod/USB connectiviy - used frequently but not everyday depending on who drives the car. Sound SQ needs to be same or better than the stock radio unit.

Steven is there a cheaper 7" 256MB unit, and i will need it to be installed cos i can't do it.

There is but I haven't tested it so can't comment on how good it is and what issues it has.

• 3 weeks later...

So who's down for a groupbuy?

I don't mind getting a meetup happenning to get this installed (everyone man for himself that is).

yo im down , sydney here !! lol

HNY mate, if you can get the unit you want but not confident on installing i know a guy who can do it, he does mine (but a different unit). He's actually a supplier of units too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have an 84 Camry that had no stereo when I bought it. I found a 7" double din head unit with iPod/USB/DVD/GPS ect for $350. It was a Chinese brand (XTRONS) and I can't really fault it. And compared to what I had originally...... Lol