Ey guys

123grosso

Ey guys, i'm Matt, i'm restoring a mini and because of this my parents believe i have what it takes to fix their cars when something goes wrong so i thought joining a forum would be a good move in order to get advice and parts.

Edit: my dad has a white 99 camry n my mum has a 04 silver camry ateva

Edited by 123grosso

It's Camry NOT Camary, it's not that much effort to read the badges.

Welcome to the club mate would love to see some shots of the mini!

Moderator please remove Quoted Post

Those bloody queenslanders are rude aren't they.. :P I think the Qld heat makes them short tempered... but Trent seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to cars so we put up with him.. lol..

Welcome... and get rid of the mini.. hahaha

Sorry about the spelling. i'm 15 so is this a vilid excuse? i'm just a kid so i dont know any better :unsure:

Here are a few pics of the mini, it isnt much

It is a 77 mini that i got send down from sydney for $1000 including delivery, n as i pulled it apart i kept on finding more problems but luckly the engine and gearbox are all good, so here are the pics.

N sorry if the pics are massive cause i dont know how to resize the pics on my ipad

When i got it

c0bc0f07.jpg

253ba702.jpg

Dropping the motor out (toyotas at the back)

SDC11722.jpg

My rims

SDC11907.jpg

Cutting it up

SDC12110.jpg

SDC12444.jpg

SDC12465.jpg

N with the panels placed on nearly ready for welding n what it is at now

SDC12622.jpg

Sorry if i got a bit carried away with the pics

Edited by 123grosso

Those bloody queenslanders are rude aren't they.. :P I think the Qld heat makes them short tempered... but Trent seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to cars so we put up with him.. lol..

Welcome... and get rid of the mini.. hahaha

Yeah I am a bit rude, but thats how I am. Nice project on the Mini however.

nice mini project buddy and welcome to the club, are you doing a resto on the mini or are you planning on modding???

i ask because the amount of 4EFTE engines i have sold for power hungry mini enthusiasts is crazy :lol:

Thanks for the complIments, with the mini i'm going to keep it stockish because it is a fairly rare mini. It is a mini sunshine, it was basicly a standard mini with a few extras like a factory sunroof, pinstripes, tinted windows, wheel flares, a tacho and sports wheels. Leyland ony got around to making 360 before they went ***** up. Having a rare car can be good and bad. The good bits: everyone says ey is that a real sunshine and it is worth more. The bad: i cant mod it because i will cop heaps by all the mini people and they will claim i'm killing a classic and parts specific to the model are impossible to find eg, mine was mssing the sunroof glass :S

When i got the car it came with a 1275 motor from a cooper s, i'm going to give it a k&n or ramflo air filter, i'm also going to put some disc brakes up front and proberly leave it at that. If i want more power later on i could put some bigger carbies of a bigger exhaus

hmmm... I think we need a drawing picture thread... good stuff dude! keep practicing and youll notice how quickly youll improve :)

And all the best with the 4EFTE mini build! ;) :P hehehe