Aurion potential

Hay all

Im going to be investing into an toyota aurion in the next couple months. After i drove for the first time i fell in love with them. Snappy gear changes andvery nice V6 witch goes very well. Question is how much can u get out of an N/A aurion wat mods actually give u gains?Ive seen a fair few aurions of youtube do low 14 second 1/4 miles. are 13 sec quater miles achieavable or already have been done? Ive searched threw threads and seen mixed views on exhausts and intakes and ecus? Im just wanting facts and good guidence?

Cheers Ricky

Welcome to the club mate, so glad someone here can search first then ask (:

As far as I am aware there are very little in terms of power producing mods, the CAI provides almost negligible gains, an exhaust will provide you with some though I believe a full system is difficult to achieve through the placement of the exhaust sensors, though some have had luck have a look at darius and vf-x's members rides pages, a trd supercharger ordered through Eton is possible If I remember correctly, the aftermarket ecu's are mainly piggybacks and there is no full system as of yet.

Everything else comes down to wheels, tires, suspension and weight reduction

Hay all

Im going to be investing into an toyota aurion in the next couple months. After i drove for the first time i fell in love with them. Snappy gear changes andvery nice V6 witch goes very well. Question is how much can u get out of an N/A aurion wat mods actually give u gains?Ive seen a fair few aurions of youtube do low 14 second 1/4 miles. are 13 sec quater miles achieavable or already have been done? Ive searched threw threads and seen mixed views on exhausts and intakes and ecus? Im just wanting facts and good guidence?

Cheers Ricky

There is plenty of potential in the 2GR-FE its self but the biggest limitation/barrier you will face is the ECU.

No matter the changes you make the ECU will always adjust back to normal "fuel efficient" settings. If you want a tuner then the Aurion isn't for you.

The best bang for buck investment you can make with an Aurion is in handling.... Lowering, sway bars, rubber, etc....

So there's no actuall way off tuning the aurion ecu? How do cops have tweaked ecus on the aurion.? Does the exhaust upgrade help with any gains at all? Cheers

People have their own thoughts on the exhaust but personally I believe it does make a minor difference with a cat back and a decent muffler.

I only say this as I've taken my Aurion on the drag strip before and after I did the exhaust and improved my time by .3 of a second without changing my launch style.

But like I said very minor difference.

Might as well search for TRD aurion, coz that one has Supercharger, hence faster than normal Aurion.

If you're actually looking for the pleasure of doing it from normal Aurion, ignore this post..

Cops don't get a tweaked ECU on the Aurion, I don't know where this rumor keeps coming from.

I actually worked at the QLD fleet management centre during my apprenticeship and I can guarantee this is correct.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't checked Monkey Wrench Racing in a while so I decided to do so. Looks interesting. Someone needs to dump some money into their Aurion and get the following:

N/A:

Darton MID Sleeve Kit (6) - Lotus/Toyota 2GR-FE V6 Engine - US$1,299

Wiseco Piston Set - Toyota 2GR - 12.0:1 - 97.0mm - US$999

Crower Connecting Rod set - Toyota 2GR-FE V6 - US$1,091.55

MWR Plug N Play Adapter - eManage Ultimate - 2006-09 2GR-FE 3.5L - US$529

+ an eManage Ultimate for whatever you can get one for.

Or you can get the 9.0:1 Piston set and add your own form of boost to really make your Aurion a weapon.

Wow with hem parts you think it will bring an ATX up over the 240KW mark?

$4.75 for an OIL Filter?? We get ripped off here!

NGK Spark Plug (1) - 2GR-FE 1 Step Colder Iridium $10.80! each!

MWR Fuel Injector Set (6) - 2GR-FE Engine - 700cc $495

OFF TOPIC:

I should of been an Australian Distributor I'd be frigging filthy rich with the 400% mark ups!

kind of disgraceful really, I went to Singapore for my Honeymoon, my wife didn't like the idea, but lol I brought back 3 UR bars the lower front 4 point, the rear lower 2 point and the engine brace. Genuine from Singapore dealer. for $240 Australian the lot. I declared them and they where distributed through the Airport in oversize luggage, free of charge! If I bought in Australia it would cost $543

Edited by nahrsuhsist