Zorst / CAI not that loud anymore?

vitagen

hey guys i just put in my zorst / cai package but it isnt as loud as it was the first couple of days i had it?

the ecu was reset when i installed the cai and it was bloody loud with the exhaust....

anyone had this when they did theirs?

Hey V man,

Yeah, it happened with mine too.

Reset your ECU again if you must but its usually a combination of the ECU learning the new parts in the car and you getting used to the sounds...

I can second that...my car sounded like a truck when i first got the cannon on, i even had V8 drivers eyeing off my piece.

As negatron stated however, the combination of the ECU gettin' jiggy with the exhaust and you becoming used to the sound are the main reasons for this feeling.

my zorst when i got it put on was like 102 Db (90 Db being legal) only 2 weeks later it was only 92 Db wich i am happy about

1 cus it was too loud

2 i have a better chance at not getting defected depending if they wanna be pricks or not

besides YES you would be getting used to the noise but exhaust pipes when new have NOTHING on the inside but after you drive them in it builds a layer of ?? CARBON ?? the black stuff and surprisingly it quiets down the zorst a hell of alot

so theres your problem guys

cheers

EDIT

and yes im sure the ECU retuning itself and making the car run better and smoother might help a little BUT it doesnt make your pipe work any smaller so it wouldnt make too much of a difference with the overall loudness unless it was running like a dog before the reset

i reset my ECU after my zorst it definatly didnt make it sound ANY different but it went noticably harder wich i was very pleased with

Edited by evl_50a