Show us your man cave!

Defyant

Don't know if many of you guys are into home audio, but apart from sinking wads if dosh into top end custom water cooled pc's my Aurion and even more into my iLoad , i've had a love for over 40 years now for nice home audio.

The missus and i have just spent the past few weeks rebuilding/painting what is now our new Music Room and we are pretty proud of it, Prolly sunk near 20k all up, but this room is by far my fav @ home and where i spend 80% of all myn free time.

I know it's nothing Hi-End prolly not even mid-end, but money for value most will say it exceeds.

Our gear is mostly well selected hand picked vintage audio. But gear that was worth quiet alot in its day,

Speakers Are english Made ProAc's, The previous owners spent an extra few k upgrading these beuties to full Solid Silver Dragon internal wire, Upgraded to current higher end tweeters and internal sandbagging! Prolly accounting for why they wieght close to 80kilo each!

Original i think these imported for close to 10k au. I of course didin't spend this much, but did plonk down a decent wad to own these amazing speakers from their prevouse owner who now owns a set of 50-70k horns!

I recently also spent another couple k on these upgrading the original base plyths, to solid 20mm high grade custom on off machined alloy "out-riggers" with Custom on off machined

Steinless Steel screw in spikes and adding custom made 2mtr solid silver teflon coated external speaker wire.

These above cars my custom made pc's are my true pride and joys!

The stereo is a mixed bag, Adcom amp and pre amp, Chosen purley for the famous Nelson Pass connection. Anything NP made Designed or influenced is a winner imo.

We have just recently decided to get back into vynal smile.png and added a beginners Project turntable to get us started.

Anyways let me share some piccys of my true pride and joy smile.png I'd be really keen to see and hear others smile.png Maybe start a new thread for us.

Plans are to add more bass traps.... lots more!

IMG_3665.jpg

Cheers Pete smile.png

Got all the bits/materials from bunnings, fancy material from spot light spent a bout 250 all up, should make me about 3 more same size and one large wall one all up.

I'll let the pics say it all.

3-8.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest Rover123456

That's really nice.... I have set up my man cave with a few goodies, probably spent 1/2 to what you have spent, this is my first real go at setting up a theatre room with the limited space that I have. I always promised my self to have a good theatre setup when I buy my own place and I pretty much splurged after I bought my place.

This setup has lasted me for about 2 years now and I am pretty happy with it, it's more than enough for the room size that I have.

TV - Sony 46" (Planning to either get a 55-65" or projector as an upgrade"

Speakers - Paradigm Setup

A/V Reciever - Onkyo TX-SR708

WB Media center

PS3 and XBOX360

I still have to complete the room with a few movie posters etc...

Before

257948_10150286255810813_4658331_o.jpg

257410_10150286924345813_2872760_o.jpg

And After..... needs biGGer TV or Projector.

IMG_0931.jpg

Don't ask me how I managed to get this lounge up two flights of stairs in my townhouse... :whistling:

307215_10150410140875813_32848606_n.jpg

Neat setup Tom! lovin the 4 recliners and Paradigm Speakers always wanted to hear a set of them, i hear they punch well above their weight, just in the middle of plastering up a man cave for the son i'll be happy if it comes up looking as good as your room.

Guest Rover123456

Thanks Luke,

Yeah, the Paradigm speakers are pretty good and more than enough for the size of the room that I have. I did some research and went through some reviews before making my final decision. They are made in Canda, build quality is decent and simple, not sure if they make them in Canada nowdays.... I bought my setup from Eastwood HiFi in Dural .... the owner there was very helpful and explained some of the more objective questions that I had.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally! Finished the son's man cave :D

I was an old brick dungeon @ the back of the house. Might have been an old torture room for a horror flick,,,,, certainly had that feel .

Decided it give plasterboarding a go! came up ok in the end, Stuckup a false ceiling chased the electricals paint new floor and some cool new electronics. will fill it with some pc goodies asap and it should be a cool little room for him and his mates to enjoy!

1-19.jpg

2-19.jpg

4-10.jpg

5-13.jpg

6-12.jpg

7-11.jpg

8-8.jpg

9-5.jpg

We brought a small Aircon for the room but Still deciding on weather to cut a hole in the back wall or run it down through the roof.

Prolly that back wall you see in the pics, above and between the monitors. They recon it's ganna be a hot this summer

!