Amp Location

ChrisE2490

Hey guys

Just looking at doing an audio upgrade on the aurion and i was wondering where you guys had put your amps. I like it to be somewhere stealth or if it is seen to look like it belongs. Any ideas and photos would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Under the seats and the sub amp in the boot for me.

The F and R amps are under the seats (as this is where the mob who did the initial install did it) and I am too lazy and too cheap to relocate. My sub amp just chills between the back seat and the boot liner.

i've got both my sub amp and 4 channel amp for my F and R in the boot. got them sitting on the back wall of the boot either side of the port in the middle, cant really see them as they are behind my sub :D

I screwed my sub amp to the side of the cabinet. But my amp only measures about 8"x8", so it fits nicely. It doesn't exactly look stealth, or as you put it "like it belongs", but then a 12" sub cabinet dumped in the boot (as opposed to custom made for the car) is never gonna look like its meant to be there. But then, its only temporary (well, if you can call 2.5yrs and counting "temporary").

AK00FJ, thats a nice setup man. Looks like it would put out some serious sound. Not really what I'm looking for though :). Looking at mounting on the back wall in the boot in a custom enclosure maybe with some white lights to illuminate it. Any thoughts?

Looking at mounting on the back wall in the boot in a custom enclosure maybe with some white lights to illuminate it. Any thoughts?

i can take some pictures of how mine are mounted on the back wall, just have to wait til i get my car back for repairs

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/media/ChrisE2490/IMG_2744_l.jpg

Sorry pic didn't work.

On a side note if anyone can tell me how to upload pics here that would be much appreciated. Just can't seem to get it

Edited by ChrisE2490