Security Pin for Camry radio, can anyone help?

Geordielassinaus

Hi - My battery went flat on my Camry some time ago and I've managed to take out the radio hoping to find a reset buttone on the back. But it wouldn't be that easy would it? SO does anyone have the code for the following radion 86100-YC260 122001-23800101 P8901901.

Thanks heaps

PS PLease be nice to me I'm female and it is my first time writing to a car club!

Best bet may be to take it to your local Toyota dealer for them to reset it... As you already have it out they MIGHT not charge you. Had to do this for my Corolla, cost me $40..When you get it reset write the code down and keep it in a safe place....Default code is usually 0000..

Edited by Topdog

Thanks to all for your replies - been away from the pc for a few days. Mine is a 3 digit code - the previous owner must have changed it to something personal and I've now used up my nine guesses !! Time to throw out the old radio and get a new unit. Is there a national store (I'm in Adelaide) that sells and installs aftermarket units like the one Topdog has suggested. What would you expect to pay for a) a good middle of the road unit and B) installation!!

Edited by Geordielassinaus

Replacing it is the smart decision. A decent unit can be had for about $100-$200 at most car audio places, however the more feature the more dollars. Add about $50-$100 on for installation as well, unless your are capable off installing it yourself.

@ trentmeyer23, thanks. Are units generally a standard size so that it can be screwed into the old space or do you usually have to get fill in plastic bits to patch up the sides? I think I can refit a new one if it is just a matter of plugging back in the wset of wires and the earth wire......