Head unit ideas, aftermarket/market ?

beeman

Hi all, been stalking the forums for quite a while.

looking to replace the current headunit in my ATX with something thats a bit better, Bluetooth, rear cam etc..

been heavily invested in the other topic about the ebay units from easydeals etc but i think im going to be leaning more towards buying a double din brand named (JVC, Alpine etc) HU and install it that way.

has any one else got any pictures / info on what they have done to their HU??

im keen on ideas and what looks good and still has steering wheel functionality...

^_^

Mate I've been looking at the same thing. The best aftermarket head unit I've found is the clarion nx501a. It's got all the gizmos in it and an iPod like interface which makes it very intuitive to use. I'm getting mine installed this week so I can take some pics and let you know how it goes.

Yeah I would be keen to see if that Could be customizable as well. Just put the car into the audio shop now. Total price of the complete install was $3250. Get the car back in 2 days do I'll let you know more then.

Well i just bought (30 minutes ago) an easydeals HU.... Dosen't come with the Reversing camera now, but its now $609 delivered !

i can sus out a camera for $60 or less on ebay if i need it.

Ive had a JVC HU in my last car, good but i do think the Pioneer is a better option around the mid range for starters :)

I will reply here letting you know what i think of the new Easydeals HU once obtained and installed.

Well i spend $400 to buy my kendwood 2 din no bluetooth since i never use them, Add $100 you get the bluetooth version it looks the same see my here

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_1147/gallery_20400_1147_186841.jpg

Yeah very similar but I have the built in gps. And yeah mine cost about $1000 more then that but it was what I wanted. Might not be for everyone.

Well i spend $400 to buy my kendwood 2 din no bluetooth since i never use them, Add $100 you get the bluetooth version it looks the same see my here

http://au.toyotaowne...1147_186841.jpg

Yeah very similar but I have the built in gps. And yeah mine cost about $1000 more then that but it was what I wanted. Might not be for everyone.

just buy other GPS cost you like $200 navman lol Edited by Shadow_

Or do what i do and have a Tom Tom for a couple years and pirate the maps from a awesome source.

Also does other brands but only ever done Tom Tom, got latest maps last night (version 885.4021 + Navcore 9.400) all cracked and working :D

http://www.navitotal.com/forum.php

I also want a kenwood or pioneer double din gps unit with all the extras, but i don't really want to go over 1k, i don't mind installing it my self but is it possible to get a unit like this with all extras around the 1k mark ? :mellow: I have tried ebay but i can never find something with all the extras, where abouts would i be able to get one in that price range?

I also want a kenwood or pioneer double din gps unit with all the extras, but i don't really want to go over 1k, i don't mind installing it my self but is it possible to get a unit like this with all extras around the 1k mark ? :mellow: I have tried ebay but i can never find something with all the extras, where abouts would i be able to get one in that price range?

Mate I know the Sony one which you buy the unit and then buy the nav to add in should come to about $1200 and is a nice looking unit. I think that's about as cheap as they come without going to some unknown brands or buying from America and converting the maps to aus.

Thanks Shadow! that looks pretty neat! i think ill be definitely going down that road, hopfully soon..

keep the ideas coming! i want to see what other people have done too, is there anyone who has a double din with the Vol Knob on the right side of the unit?? - have not seen one almost ever..

If a unit is bought from america, would the radio work and all that stuff? where would i get maps for the unit?

The radio would work. I'm not sure about the gps but I know the unit I got is like half price from America.