Easydeal Gps unit

wilsact

Hi guys,

I am interested in this unit, and just had a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me with.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-CAR-DVD-GPS-Camry-Aurion-2007-2011-models-/260967765268?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2e41514

I understand that there was a group buy on this unit, so hoping plenty of experience with it.

1. What is the screen like during day time driving with reflections etc. I have a flyaudio unit in my kluger and it is excellent, but have seen other units that are like mirrors and almost useless during the day with even a little sun.

2. How is the auto dimmer when headlights turned on. Does it dim the screen enough to not be distracting at night, or is it still too bright. 8" is a large screen and the dimmer on my flyaudio unit doesnt reall make it dim enough at night.

3.How is the units overall reliability since people installed it? Any freezing, reboots needed, other issues etc.

4. How is the fit into the dash. Does it fit without gaps, look good etc.

I really appreciate all the help. Sure there is plenty of info here, but it is a nightmare trying to search the various threads etc

(if someone knows a direct link that would be awesome:)

Thanks again in advance.

Bought one 2 weeks ago and is now fitted...

Answers to your questions.

1. During the day it is good if on full brightness, could be angled towards the floor in its design to provide a better picture. (night time is 100% fine :D )
  2. It dims it perfectly! About the same as your dash display set to the brightest setting when it is dimmed ( not to the locked illimation setting )
  3. I found it functional-ish...
    - iPod's shuffling dosen't work as well as i had hoped, it selects the next song in the list before it shuffles to a new one ( sounds like its skipping but is tempermental issue )
    - Brightness setting when adjusted (for me to 5 ) dosen't stay set ( wanted mine brighter but every time you turn it off and back on even when car is running it resets to default of 3 )
    - Background transperancy dosen't stay set as i wanted it ( more transparent ) same issue as the brightness, it keeps resetting, but i have just before, contacted George (easydeals) and requested assistance.
    - Had issue's attaching my old JVC AMP, not sure if its the AMP or headunit ( my money is on headunit outputs )
    - Touchscreen is good but the button layout to touch isn't very well thought out but is functional enough.
  4. - Fits the dash good, little tight but that may be just my car ( stipped it back one to many times :P ) / no gaps
    - Looks really good !
    Personal opinion, if your scarce for money get this unit as it is sufficent for every day use, but if you can afford to I would recomend going for a propper headunit like Pioneer / JVC / Alpine etc with a facia to suit (ebay)
    If your in perth, let me know as i can show you.

Bought one 2 weeks ago and is now fitted...

Answers to your questions.

1. During the day it is good if on full brightness, could be angled towards the floor in its design to provide a better picture. (night time is 100% fine :D )
  2. It dims it perfectly! About the same as your dash display set to the brightest setting when it is dimmed ( not to the locked illimation setting )
  3. I found it functional-ish...
    - iPod's shuffling dosen't work as well as i had hoped, it selects the next song in the list before it shuffles to a new one ( sounds like its skipping but is tempermental issue )
    - Brightness setting when adjusted (for me to 5 ) dosen't stay set ( wanted mine brighter but every time you turn it off and back on even when car is running it resets to default of 3 )
    - Background transperancy dosen't stay set as i wanted it ( more transparent ) same issue as the brightness, it keeps resetting, but i have just before, contacted George (easydeals) and requested assistance.
    - Had issue's attaching my old JVC AMP, not sure if its the AMP or headunit ( my money is on headunit outputs )
    - Touchscreen is good but the button layout to touch isn't very well thought out but is functional enough.
  4. - Fits the dash good, little tight but that may be just my car ( stipped it back one to many times :P ) / no gaps
    - Looks really good !
    Personal opinion, if your scarce for money get this unit as it is sufficent for every day use, but if you can afford to I would recomend going for a propper headunit like Pioneer / JVC / Alpine etc with a facia to suit (ebay)
    If your in perth, let me know as i can show you.

Hi,

Thanks mate, really appreciate your reply.

I am way over the other side of the country, but also appreciate your offer of a look at it.

My main concerns with it were the screen during day driving, as have seen so many units that are just useless with any sun, and the screen not being dim enough at night.

Thanks again

No worries, George is assiting me greatly with my issues atm.

For those that want to gain extra access to hidden settings this is how to do it.

1. Goto Blutooth
  2. Dial - #0*1*2*3#
  3. Hit the Red End Call button
  4. The Hidden menu should come up ( allows you to change the startup logo to others Holden Subaru etc for ****s n giggles) and a few other fan settings and software input/outputs!

Thanks heaps.

Could I check one last thing that I forgot about.

I know that unit supports bluetooth phone book (take it that it syncs with your phone?), but does it support caller id?

I mean will it show the name and number of incoming call if it is stored in phonebook, or only number?

Thanks again

It's my understanding eBay sellers buy from "alibaba.com"

You can get the same unit for US $ 220 - 280

Being Guangdong China or Malaysian thy do have a lower life cycle, however if you can find a Taiwan model there just as good as Japanese, due to Taiwan being leading HQ manufacture of motherboards in the world.

Here is couple of links a link mate.

http://www.alibaba.c..._CAMRY_car.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/493558692/Erisin_8_Latest_Car_DVD_for.html

Edited by challengethemasters

Yes it does display name and number.

When you sync contacts it actually puts your contact list in the headuint aswell as recent/missed call list.

Yes it does display name and number.

When you sync contacts it actually puts your contact list in the headuint aswell as recent/missed call list.

Thanks heaps. Been a great help!

Probably will go this unit, just little worried about the few issues reported.

Cheers mate will do. Will give it a couple of weeks to see how you go. Obviously the aftersale back up support is just as important as the original sale. I have heard George is pretty good in this regard though???

Hopefully the few niggles you and others have found can be resolved, as I think this is the unit to go with.

Thanks again I do appreciate all your help and time.

Not sure why you would pay $550+ for a $280 Unit?????? There's way better ones on "alibaba.com" 8.2" Windows with Garmin, TomTom, Better CPU and more RAM etc (Being Windows you can exploit the OS and install any GPS)

But if you want to pay $500+ for a Chinese or Malay GPS/ DVD player be my guess just trying to save you money, since ebay sellers actually purchase from "alibaba.com" (But they will not tell you this if there life depends on it!!)