2012 Toyota 86 coupe

SATORI893

Hi there, sorry to butt in but I'm from the Aurion side of the site but a Toyota lover of all models, I don't follow the Corolla threads so excuse me if I am posting stuff you guys and gals already know but I was at Toyota on Tuesday getting things done to my Aurion when I noticed a black coupe being rolled into the show-room, I leapt out of the waiting room to have a look, immediately I see the '86' display plates on it so went round the back to see the badges, only the Toyota symbol on the word Toyota on the rear, asked the sales guy, is this a revival of the AE86? He said yes it was a Corolla, anyway grabbed some pics with my phone, sorry bout the quality but my phone is not that great, as far as I know this is a Corolla 86 two door, may be old news to you but it just says Toyota on the back and has an '86' badge on the side, didn't get to ask the dealer about it, I loved it. Anyway thought I'd post it on here for you to gander at.

post-27452-0-64258700-1340211378_thumb.jpost-27452-0-13336000-1340211406_thumb.j

Hi there, sorry to butt in but I'm from the Aurion side of the site but a Toyota lover of all models, I don't follow the Corolla threads so excuse me if I am posting stuff you guys and gals already know but I was at Toyota on Tuesday getting things done to my Aurion when I noticed a black coupe being rolled into the show-room, I leapt out of the waiting room to have a look, immediately I see the '86' display plates on it so went round the back to see the badges, only the Toyota symbol on the word Toyota on the rear, asked the sales guy, is this a revival of the AE86? He said yes it was a Corolla, anyway grabbed some pics with my phone, sorry bout the quality but my phone is not that great, as far as I know this is a Corolla 86 two door, may be old news to you but it just says Toyota on the back and has an '86' badge on the side, didn't get to ask the dealer about it, I loved it. Anyway thought I'd post it on here for you to gander at.

post-27452-0-64258700-1340211378_thumb.jpost-27452-0-13336000-1340211406_thumb.j

Try looking at the other sub-forums available to this site. You may be surprised at what you might find.

WOW just simply WOW.... How could you not of seen or heard of the new 86 coupe. There is a forum dedicated to it on here. Right about the Aurion one.... It's also oe of the most anticipated cars of the last decade. lol

WOW just simply WOW.... How could you not of seen or heard of the new 86 coupe. There is a forum dedicated to it on here. Right about the Aurion one.... It's also oe of the most anticipated cars of the last decade. lol

I have come across a lot of people that haven't heard of it.. How many disappointed people will there be once the ads go to air and they're told yours will be ready in 2014 :blink:

I got my order in yesteday.

The dealer said if I had waited till next week it wouldn't be delivered until mid next year....

That's right... Seems the waiting list is tipping over to 12 months!!!

Mine should be due to arrive anywhere before Feb and after October. (This generally means end of Feb.)

the delivery time varies depending on the colour/spec you order. Easier to get your hands on a GT instead of a GTS, easier again to get the auto versions instead of manual.

I ordered a silver manual GTS on June 7th, with an ETA of October.

I have come across a lot of people that haven't heard of it.. How many disappointed people will there be once the ads go to air and they're told yours will be ready in 2014 :blink:

yes sure the average person looking for a yaris has no idea what it is, They don't really care for cars but even most people walkigng through the dealership looking at totoally different cars are aware that's the new Toyota coupe, "modern day celica isnt it, half made by subaru?" Everybody generally seems to think it's around the 60k mark though. Blows them away when you tell them its 40k D/A!

the delivery time varies depending on the colour/spec you order. Easier to get your hands on a GT instead of a GTS, easier again to get the auto versions instead of manual.

I ordered a silver manual GTS on June 7th, with an ETA of October.

Yeah Spot on it really does depend on which model and drivetrain you go with. Wait will be longer also if you option the aero package up as they only started production this month. Perhaps the biggest variable on how long you will have to wait is the initial allocation. We got a Silver manual GTS, and a Manual blue GT as well as our demo which is a red GT manual. So the guys with pre orders for different colours haven’t got there yet joe blow off the street who was happy with those colours are already driving around in there’s. Fantastic car though. In love with the gearbox and fast pointy steering! - Selling well too!