Aurion Engine Noise , Dash Rattle

HI , I just bought a Toyota Aurion (2007 with 121 000 km on the clock ) last week .My Aurion makes a lot of engine tick tap when the speed is around 40-60 , and also I could hear a lot of rattle from the dashboard . I have 1 yr warranty with the dealer , should I ring them to book for a repair ? is it the common problems with Toyota Aurion ?

the sound from my Aurion is similar to this one

If i remember correctly then aurions had a issue with a dash rattle

Dealers are meant to fix it for free if i remember right, cept it takes way too long as the whole dash needs to be taken apart

I Have a 2007 Aurion and drove myself crazy for 3 years trying to remove a dashboard rattle,finally as I could not access behind the dashboard,I drilled a 15 MM hole in the inside top right of the glove box and stuffed lots of old foam matress material through the hole with a screw driver it goes through ok and expands back to its normal size once in,I virtually filled the whole dashboard space,and the rattle dissapeared,cut the foam chunks about 150 MM long and 50mm wide and stuff them through the hole you really cant see the hole when finished and you can put in a rubber grommet from Clark rubber if your fussy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for yr help ! I brought my car to the dealer and they refused to fix the dashboard rattle and also they said that the design of the engine is the cause of the tick tap sound. I wanna sell it now, so anyone know how much I could sell my Aurion ??

I had the dash rattle in my GSV40 fixed while it was under warranty. Although as a mechanic myself, I have done a few of the Camry and Aurion dashboards for one reason or another. With the right tools, I managed to get my time down to 50mins to get the dashboard out (luckily the dash wiring is minimal to detach) and about 50 or so minutes to get it back in again. Including the parts to replace, my best time is just shy of 2.5 hours. Although not always is the clips the cause of the rattle.

• 4 weeks later...

Was the dash rattle issue corrected by Toyota on the MY10 update model? Or do the MY10 update models still get dash rattle?

I've got a MY10 (Sept build) Presara. Nil rattles anywhere... only thing I've noticed is the door seals get a bit dry and makes squeaky noises first thing in the morning when it's really cold. Once the sun warms them up its all ok. No rattles, or other squeaks and noises to note either.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Aurion ZR6 Sportivo with 120,000kms on the clock....It rattles its nuts off everywhere!!!

The rattles are;

-In the dash behind the Sat Nav unit

-The passengers speaker in the dash

-The drivers speaker in the dash

-The drivers side air vent

-Around the gearshift lever/Cup holders

-In the console lid

-In the drivers side B Pillar

-Passengers door speaker

Its had the dash fix thing already done it by the previous owner, but it obviously hasnt fixed the problem!

I look after my car, its cleaned and serviced regularly, i dont flog it or drive on too many gravel roads.

The only reason i bought the Aurion is because my parents have always owned Toyota's and never had a single problem with them.

Toyota run by the slogan 'Quality, Durability, Reliability'....This car is making me doubt that....

Because the car is now out of warranty, Toyota want to charge me a fortune to fix it...Im seriously considering just selling the bloody thing!!

Other than the rattle situation, i love the car! its fantastic and i highly recommmend them to anyone.

Few of those 'rattles' are things you can pull out and fix yourself IMO. Most of those require a bit of your time and all it really is is just pulling things apart. Not that hard when you get the hang of it since everything is pretty much just held together with clips, then you can add padding etc to fix the rattles.

Look around the forums and you'll find many guides to remove most of things you mentioned and have a crack at it if your confident enough :)