How do I get more Camber?

Gipper

Hi guys

I still cant work out how to get more camber...

I have whiteline camber bolts in but they only allow -2 deg camber

It looks like you can only get the cusco adjustable strut tops when you buy the full strut kit.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to get -3 deg camber, I would be appreciated.

Gipper

Edited by Gipper

you have answerd your own question, you can get the pillow tops from cusco JP, but to use them you would need coilovers tho? AFAIK the best you are gonna get from cambet bolts is -2

Edited by Northy

:huh: Why would you want more than -2 degrees though, It'll chew the crap out of your front tyres.

Its a long story...

to put the 6-pot brakes on they had to fit spacers to the wheels which increased the front track... now the outer edge of the tyres scrape the inner edge of the guard... it only happens on extremely hard conering or really big bumps... but its annoying the crap out of me when it does happen.

1 more deg camber should fix the problem.

I used to run -3 deg on my Sti and was conering so hard it used to wear pretty evenly.

I though about using a bolt at the bottom but its a very dodgy way of doing it.

I could get 40 profile tyres from 45 profile but I was hoping not to have to waste the money....

thanks for the input guys....

:huh: Why would you want more than -2 degrees though, It'll chew the crap out of your front tyres.

Its a long story...

to put the 6-pot brakes on they had to fit spacers to the wheels which increased the front track... now the outer edge of the tyres scrape the inner edge of the guard... it only happens on extremely hard conering or really big bumps... but its annoying the crap out of me when it does happen.

I used to run -3 deg on my Sti and was conering so hard it used to wear pretty evenly.

I could get 40 profile tyres from 45 profile but I was hoping not to have to waste the money....

Ahh, is that with the Brembo's ?

Its a long story...

Ahh, is that with the Brembo's ?

Yeah the AP racing 6 pots...

Every modification has its upside and downside :-)

Call me ingorant or dumb, but would you really notice 1deg diff?

My knowlege of basic math is 1deg over a short distance will bear little difference. At 5 cm, 1 deg equals 1mm :) or in tradesman's terms, a fannyhair :P

Edited by Azza

Call me ingorant or dumb, but would you really notice 1deg diff? 

My knowlege of basic math is 1deg over a short distance will bear little difference.  At 5 cm, 1 deg equals 1mm :) or in tradesman's terms, a fannyhair :P

Ok then, i will call you ignorant and dumb... just kidding mate :-)

You are right it will not make a huge amount of difference but at the same time, It is only just touching, so I only need a tiny gap to make a difference.

Also as the camber is an angle, the further the distance from the start point the larger the gap... as in any triangle. So the gap at the very top of the tyre shoulder should be greater than 1mm.

I had the same problem on my STi and -3deg fixed the rubbing...