Subwoofer in a RAV4 Cruiser L.

tuannn

Hey guys, Im new to this forums but I would like to ask if anyone has a subwoofer in the back of their RAV4, in the compartment underneath the boot floor. If so can you show me a picture of what yours looks like and if there are any problems with putting a subwoofer down there.

Heres the link to which part Im talking about

http://www.samarins.com/reviews/photos/rav4_011_cargo_compartment.jpg

post-29733-0-38271300-1344862325_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you can find a flat enough sub box,g o for it! However with it covered up underneath the floor, you wouldn't get the best sound compared to if it were uncovered.. If that makes sense. I made a parcel shelf for my rav4 and although its only made from fabric, it did make to more muffled sound for my sub

• 2 months later...

I had a similiar idea but didn't want to lose the storage so I fitted a Blitz 10" powered sub woofer to the side of the boot behind the near side rear seat

it's 372 x 275 x 76 deep so it does not protrude into the boot space by much. At the same time I installed an aftermarket 7" sat nav/dvd/tv/radio I

bought from a Chinese dealer on EBay. It has a dedicated sub woofer output. The Sub was $150 free delivery, it works well and takes up less space than

others, plus they supply all the wiring, you just need to install it.(a fairly interesting task)

• 5 months later...

Below is a picture of a RAV4 from North America

They get an option to add an audio pack. This includes a tailgate mounted subwoofer.

Here in Australia we did not get this option, however the mounting hole for a subwoofer is present on our tailgates behind the interior panel.

Remove the grey interior panel and the mounting hole for the subwoofer will become very apparent. The underside of the interior cover also has markings indicating where you should cut, if you so desire.

This removes the necessity to lose ANY of the cargo space :)

Rav4RearDoorOpen497x355_zps80392ecb.jpg

If anyone is unsure how to remove the panel simply let me know and I might do a video.

Edited by Vettori