Unknown beeping - 5 short beeps every 5 mins or so while driving.

franki3z

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just bought a 2007 ZR6 Aurion yesterday and I noticed that it beeps 5 times every 5 mins or so while driving.

At first I thought it was because the car is running out of fuel.

Topped up the tank and the beep continues.

Ive done a couple searches on this forum and some people have had beeping while starting the car but nothing while the car is driving.

This is really strange and annoying at the same time.

I've called toyota service center and they said they have not heard of this before and that I should bring the car down to them to have a listen, which they said it would cost me to have them listen to this beep :(

Anyone here experienced anything like this? and if so, has anyone found a solution to this?

any feedback would be appreciated :)

Thanks for your reply on this Seang

Thats what i thought it was, but it beeps even while the car is at a stop at the traffic light.

It's beeping less now also but more frequent.

Its doing 3 beeps exactly every 3 mins.

:S

Can you put a camera in the car or if you have an iPhone just the voice memo recorder. So when it beeps we'll hear it.

Do any warning lights on the dash come on when this happens?

Yes I can do this tonight when I get home from work, maybe i'll upload a youtube video. ^_^

Oh and no dash light that I know of comes up. it just beeps... :unsure:

Edited by franki3z

It is your front clearance sensors.

If the front clearance sensors are the same as the front sonars for parking then its not them because they only go off when my front end gets really close to an object.

Good suggestion though, But I don't think thats it.

my front parking sensor beeps while driving sometime i dont know why it could be a ghost walk pass i couldnt see but it sensed LOL. anyway try to turn off your parking sensor and speed limted alarm see if they still beeping, other things if you driving in S MODE and you dont change or hold your gears for too long it also beeps

my front parking sensor beeps while driving sometime i dont know why it could be a ghost walk pass i couldnt see but it sensed LOL. anyway try to turn off your parking sensor and speed limted alarm see if they still beeping, other things if you driving in S MODE and you dont change or hold your gears for too long it also beeps

Interesting! will turn off the front sonars when I get home from work tonight to see if that fixes the beeps.

I thought it was the speed limit alarm but yeh that is switched off already, it also beeps while at a stop. So its definately not a speed limit alarm issue.

I just use "D" mode while driving so its should be fine.

Thanks for your suggestion

Is there a beep for when there is someone in the passenger seat and they don't have their seatbelt on, maybe try put the passenger seatbelt on and see if it stops?

Is there a beep for when there is someone in the passenger seat and they don't have their seatbelt on, maybe try put the passenger seatbelt on and see if it stops?

I dont think its a passenger seatbelt indicator because even with passenger it still beeps.

My passenger keeps asking me whats that beeping sound but I'd have no answer for that :(

But thanks for the suggestion :)

Ok so I've taken a video of the beeps that the car makes.

one video is with the car moving and one is just stopped at the lights.

Have turned the front parking sonars off and it doesnt fix the problem.

The youtube links are below:

This video the beeping starts at 35sec

http://youtu.be/BIL_yzz2ekE

this video the beeping starts at 42sec

http://youtu.be/hyB4pYkizKY

Edited by franki3z

WTF? That's one strange beep. I've posted a couple of forums before on strange beeping but that one has me completely stumped.

Initially, I was also going say it may have been the parking sensors but your beep is a totally different sound. Are you able to contact the previous owner and ask them what it was?

Other ideas:

- Does your car have an in-built sat nav/multimedia system? Is it something in there perhaps? My Presara has a function where you can set reminders for servicing various things? Has the previous owner set a reminder?

- Does it beep even when the engine is not running? i.e. the electrics have been turned on but the engine has not started yet.

Other than that I have no idea but I would be interested to know what the solution was. Good luck

I had a very similar problem when I first bought my Aurion. It drove me nuts trying to figure out what the beep was - til I realised I'd left my phone in the console and It's battery was low. Duhh :blush:

Geez mate. You're probably going to have an interesting time finding the answer to that one. That beep certainly doesn't sound like anything that came in the car from factory.

I would start looking around the car for anything aftermarket fitted to it.

WTF? That's one strange beep. I've posted a couple of forums before on strange beeping but that one has me completely stumped.

Initially, I was also going say it may have been the parking sensors but your beep is a totally different sound. Are you able to contact the previous owner and ask them what it was?

Other ideas:

- Does your car have an in-built sat nav/multimedia system? Is it something in there perhaps? My Presara has a function where you can set reminders for servicing various things? Has the previous owner set a reminder?

- Does it beep even when the engine is not running? i.e. the electrics have been turned on but the engine has not started yet.

Other than that I have no idea but I would be interested to know what the solution was. Good luck

-The car just comes with the standard radio/cd/mp3 player, nothing flashy so its probably not that.

-I don't think the sportivo can set reminders as I have played around with the settings for a while.

-Engine not running but electrics enabled.. I have tried it on ACC so just radio on and theres no beep coming from that.. might be worth checking with all electrics on tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion

I had a very similar problem when I first bought my Aurion. It drove me nuts trying to figure out what the beep was - til I realised I'd left my phone in the console and It's battery was low. Duhh :blush:

LOL theres definately no phone in the car haha.

Geez mate. You're probably going to have an interesting time finding the answer to that one. That beep certainly doesn't sound like anything that came in the car from factory.

I would start looking around the car for anything aftermarket fitted to it.

This is very interesting! I actually found a button in the car that is un-labeled

th_2012-08-31005849.png

Any idea if this button is stock? because I can't find any information about it in the manual.

could it be low battery in your key fob.

I have tried to replace the battery in the Key fob and it still beeps.

Starting to think its something aftermarket.. but will need to have a look around to see if there is anything that doesn't look factory.

Such as the unmarked button.

that bottom maybe is the on/off for traction control kakakak ! :clap: or nos key ! :spiteful:

Haha I wish!

But yeh I tried pressing it to see if it stopped the beeps but it didnt do anything. its as if the button is not connected to anything.

But if its not factory then its worth me having a look into it this weekend to see what its connected to.

Fingers crossed the beeping is coming from something aftermarket connected to that switch :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your reply's :)

I took the entire dash apart over the weekend to find that there was a little screen installed behind the passenger dash which is is called a TPMS. :g:

Googled what this was and it stands for Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

It doesn't look like a factory TPMS but its beeps every 3 mins saying that a tire pressure was wrong, which I checked and the tire pressures are all correct.

Disconnected the TPMS which was connected to the ECU? unit behind the passenger side glove box.

Problem solved & no more beeps! ;)

Thanks for all your feedback on this post all the information has helped heaps.

• 2 weeks later...