Question about fuel

am2228

I've read around that some people have been able to get about 700km on a full tank on their Corollas. I've only been able to get a maximum of about 550km :mellow:

Forgive me if it's a stupid question but could somebody explain to me how to increase fuel efficiency :g:

I drive a manual 2010 Corolla Levin ZR ^_^

fuel eceonomy depends on a number of things.

I have a 2012 corolla manual and usually get around 600 km to a tank maybe a tad more if I push it a bit further, thats just cruising everywhere with the odd bootfull every now and then.

I use either 95 or 98 fuel instead of the cheap and dreadful 91 octane.

Also the more highway driving and the less stop start driving you do the more range you will get, most of my journey to work and back is on the highway and as mentioned above less revs and higher gears reduce fuel consumption just dont labour the engine too much

Rhys.

550k out of 45L sounds about right for a ZRE on 91 octane round town

the poor little motors have a lot of lard to cart around, so to get any kind of performance you've gotta get up em, which then returns only OK fuel economy. The fact that you return 8L/100klms out of a 1250kg car, driven normally, is pretty decent really!

Remove all windows including front and rear windacreen to minimize drag. Lol

actually, that would probably create more drag. a more logical method would be to refrain from opening your windows, as the wind is entering the car and hitting the rear hatch window with nowhere else to go just like one giant umbrella. but seriously, if it has gotten to the point where you have to put this method into action, then you need serious help financially :P.

Got 512km out of my 45L tank I think it is. Sr20 on 1bar I think that's pretty good km's.

i used to get a respectable 550km's just when my fuel light came on s14a 1.2bar, and that was on a 50l tank. sr20's are quite surprising when it comes to performance/fuel economy. dare i say the s14a was actually better on fuel than my sportivo considering the performance factor. :blink: sportivo gets 550 and then the light comes on, which i could probably milk another 50-70ks out of. maybe.

Edited by gti_rsi

Got 512km out of my 45L tank I think it is. Sr20 on 1bar I think that's pretty good km's.

i used to get a respectable 550km's just when my fuel light came on s14a 1.2bar, and that was on a 50l tank. sr20's are quite surprising when it comes to performance/fuel economy. dare i say the s14a was actually better on fuel than my sportivo considering the performance factor. :blink: sportivo gets 550 and then the light comes on, which i could probably milk another 50-70ks out of. maybe.

Lol, more psi more fuel Econ.. Then again depends on the tune

I don't have a o2 sensor on my nistune ecu..

ahh see mine was stock tune on a kkr280 turbo, and a bunch of other mods. bigger turbo always results in better fuel economy, unless your full boosting every second of the day :P especially with no extra fuel being pushed into it.

I have an 04 Celica, I get about 600 on a tank, maybe close to 650 on a good week with not smashing it much. My tank is 55L though, not too sure what the Sportivos have.

Rolla Is 55 aswell I'm pretty sure

Highway I've done 780

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the input guys! And sorry for the really delayed reply and digging up an old thread!

I've been getting around 600km on my ZR now which includes city driving and short trips

My brother's Sportivo still only gets around the 550km mark though

When you guys say you get around 700km, is that 90% cruising on the freeway or is it a mixture or everything?