Aurion Presara *Leaking Sunroof*

V63500

Hi,

Purchased my 2007 Presara back in Feburary.

Noticed around late April or so when it rained one day that water leaks through the sunroof, took it to the dealership and they said it was the drainage points or whatever you call them were blocked. They rectified the issue but just 2 days ago I've noticed the issue has returned.

This has been the only issue I've had with the car so far but I really am not happy about the fact its happening again, I paid some good money for this car.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue(s)?

Hi,

Purchased my 2007 Presara back in Feburary.

Noticed around late April or so when it rained one day that water leaks through the sunroof, took it to the dealership and they said it was the drainage points or whatever you call them were blocked. They rectified the issue but just 2 days ago I've noticed the issue has returned.

This has been the only issue I've had with the car so far but I really am not happy about the fact its happening again, I paid some good money for this car.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue(s)?

Take it back to the dealer? From what I recall all parts/service you get from the dealers comes with a 1 year warranty.

I remember I had the a/c service done and 9 months in I was not happy. The dealer saw I was still in the one year warranty and even 9 months later they were happy to redo the a/c service free on charge.

Good luck.

Sorry if this is a slight hijack, but i am having a similar problem in my 2007 presara. Only the leak is coming from the sun visor above the driver where the elbow goes into the roof. Sometimes it leaks and then doesn't for a while and then all of sudden if its raining hard it leaks again. I've been told the sunroof drain runs across from the sunroof and then down the front pillar next to the windscreen and that its probably blocked. I have no damp or water stains on the roof lining yet but don't want to risk it getting worse (although summers nearly here anyway :clap:

Hi guys,

Yeah i had this problem too.

Toyota did somthing wrong and forgot to put hose clamps for the drain pipes.

What ya need to do is re-attach the hose and add a clamp. The early model Aurions had this problem. Toyota knows about this problem so you can buy clamps from them if ya want.

To fix it you should remove the sunvisors, remove both the left & right "A" piller trims, both front roof handles, remove the roof linning garnish thats around the sunroof, then pull the roof linning down just a little to access the hoses, there's 4 in tottal, the main problem ones are the front ones. Before attaching them i pull them out just a little because when ut gets hot the hose shrinks and pulls it self out again. After this your good to re-attach the hose and put the roof back together again.

Hope this helps ya'll.

Regards Boondy :)

• 7 years later...

I have a 2017 Toyota Presara and this morning I discovered a pool of water on the floor in the back on the passenger side. There is no sign of water/moisture anywhere near the sunroof. Could this leak relate to the sunroof leaks you have spoken about? I think the car has done some time on dirt roads which could have led to blockages of drainage pipes.
I never had any leaks in my 2010 Sportivo ZR6 and it didn’t have a sunroof. 
I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance. Robyn

12 hours ago, Robby said:

There is no sign of water/moisture anywhere near the sunroof. Could this leak relate to the sunroof leaks you have spoken about?

Man, I'd be ****** having a beautiful car such as a 2017 Presara and it filled with water. It's hard to say at this point if it is in fact sunroof related. You need to do a little investigation yourself first. It's possible one of the drainage channels could be blocked, but I doubt it. It's not that old despite having seen some dirt roads. That's why you have sunroof seals and the rest of it to help keep all that stuff out. Either the drain tube is pinched slightly, or it's not routed correctly or it could be a leaky back screen.

The worst part about this is that you may have to strip back some interior linings to be able to investigate. Did you check the boot area for water ingress ? It's possible to have water enter just above the wheel tub and flow down along the left inner sill.

You'll need a strong LED torch and probably get in the car during the rain. If you're in Sydney, now is the time because it's raining cats and dogs at the moment.

Let us know how you go. :thumbsup: