BEST speakers for the front?

Silver-Aurion

So I've got everything setup and and working as seen here:

Now I'm dying to change the front speakers. They'll be hooked up to the amp as now I have a monoblock and 4 channel, the 4 channel now has two spare RCA inputs that I can use for the front speakers.

I want it to be a less painful as possible because I know that once I start pulling apart the Aurion it's a headache to pull apart and put back together. Also something that is almost a direct fit with the existing screw holes etc. If spacers are absolutely required so matter what, I'd want something I can purchase as well.

So what have you done and know that works with the Aurion? I'm wanting to get a setup where you get the normal speaker and the little tweeter as well.

I'm actually stupid for replacing the front speakers(for the time being) if I can still use them. Because I have a four channel amp and I bought a monoblock, I now have two spare channels on my amp. My Pioneer HU has 3 RCA pre-outs. FRONT/REAR/SW.

If I ran an RCA from the FRONT RCA preout to the two channels on the amp, would that work?

Reason why I want to do this is so I can increase the gain on the fronts and to reduce the bass by tuning from the amp because they are way quieter than the rear speakers and it's annoying having all that sound come from behind you.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Today I went and ran all speaker cables and another RCA cable I bought from Supercheap (Sony brand) from the wiring harness to the amp and followed DJKOR's wiring guide and everything turned out to be a success. I can safely say that I am using the front STOCK speakers with an amp and what a big difference! Way louder than having the fronts connected directly to the HU. Pretty damn proud of myself, I did it all without any help at all. Took me about 4 hours in total but had absolutely no trouble what so ever.

In total, all four speakers are running off the 4 channel amp and and the sub running off the mono block. The system is LOUD! haha :D .

Running the front stock speakers is not bad at all TBH, decent bass and treble and very loud. It satisfies me but I just need to be careful not to pop them as I heard running stockies they pop easy, but another excuse to buy new front speakers :lol:

Now all I need to do is install the Dynamat in the boot when that comes this week and I'll take some snaps if anyone interested :)

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Ahh, the joys of cables, not! :lol:

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Good Job, cheers for posting this up.

i found an old amp out in the work shop the other day and was thinking to the same thing as you speaker wise.

I was going to buy some new 6x9's for the front also but might give the stock ones a try first also.

You can use any 6.5" component speakers. JB mainly has a 30% off car audio so you can head down to your nearest one and get a good set for a cheap price. They stop selling my version but i tried these in the shop and they were pretty good for the price.

http://www.jbhifi.co...lits-sku-66904/

If you are however willing to go a bit further for the best there is then you can buy these from USA.

http://www.onlinecar...art_PVL269.aspx

or if you are lazy

http://www.onlinecar...o_C2-690tx.aspx

Edited by A Buff Hamster

"Best" speakers? Well I know a set that will blow your mind but it also costs about 3.5k lol. I had the older version of them. But best to what price point we looking at

I wanted to go with Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9 2ways recommended to me on here but I couldn't track any down and they are discontinued, I went with Focal 6 x 9 2ways from Autobarn, $229RRP got them for $200, the are made in France, I put sound deadening inside the whole door then some acoustic matting from Jaycar directly behind the speaker in the door, I am only running them off the standard deck and I am very impressed with them, great bass and piercing treble, not much modification to fit in the standard door pods once I cut out the factory speaker and the depth is fine window glass wise. They have adjustable tweeters too so you can angle them up towards your ears.

post-27452-0-71080700-1348488326_thumb.jpost-27452-0-60215600-1348488354_thumb.jpost-27452-0-75940700-1348488389_thumb.jpost-27452-0-35266900-1348488419_thumb.jpost-27452-0-06969900-1348488446_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to go with Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9 2ways recommended to me on here but I couldn't track any down and they are discontinued, I went with Focal 6 x 9 2ways from Autobarn, $229RRP got them for $200, the are made in France, I put sound deadening inside the whole door then some acoustic matting from Jaycar directly behind the speaker in the door, I am only running them off the standard deck and I am very impressed with them, great bass and piercing treble, not much modification to fit in the standard door pods once I cut out the factory speaker and the depth is fine window glass wise. They have adjustable tweeters too so you can angle them up towards your ears.

post-27452-0-71080700-1348488326_thumb.jpost-27452-0-60215600-1348488354_thumb.jpost-27452-0-75940700-1348488389_thumb.jpost-27452-0-35266900-1348488419_thumb.jpost-27452-0-06969900-1348488446_thumb.j

$200 each ?

and how long did it take to install them

$200 each ?

and how long did it take to install them

$200 for the pair, took me about half a day to install them all up, I had a 2003 Camry previous and the door speaker pods are practically the same so I knew what to expect, I just had to cut out the factory speaker from the pod, trim the lip on the inside edge of the pod until the speaker fitted in, then I just made up small 'L' shaped brackets out of sheet metal, I pop riveted them into the sides of the pod under each of the mounting holes in the speaker, then just drilled a hole in the brackets for the speaker screws to self tap into them and it holds the speaker down nice and firm in place. I still used the factory speaker connections inside the pod, just soldered the wires for the speaker to the lugs inside so I could still use the factory plug for the pod.

Edited by SATORI893

• 3 months later...

Be wary with the size of the magnet in the front speakers as when the door is closed a heavy magnet can cause the speaker magnet to become loose. This happened to me with a pair of 6x9 components I had installed in my front doors. Could not work out what happened until the speakers were removed and taken to a professional repairer. As I had bought them from overseas I had to buy a new set altogether, ended up with some Polk Audio 6.5" components which are awesome!

did you have to cut away any of the door card to fit them?

Not for the speakers I used, I just modified the plastic holder and they have clearance both from the glass and the door trim, I had to cut the trim on my 2003 Camry, I just used a stanley knife and trimmed the plastic back till it was flush with the rest of the back but the Camry door grills were different, the Aurion has a bit more room I feel.