Corolla Track Spec

Good day guys,

Would just like the boards suggestions in building a track spec corolla to be used in a time attack circuit race.

Im not quite sure what the body code is on my Corolla/Altis... but it kinda looks like this

159.jpg

Is this a ZZE123 or an NZE141?

Are the parts on those chassis codes interchageable?

My engine is a 1.6, so does that classify as a 1ZZFE?

I hope you guys could indulge me a bit on my query. Lets work on the assumption of an initial budget of around $2000, starting with suspension and brakes. And no, I don't plan on getting a Blitz Supercharger. Hehehehehehe

Many thanks in advance!

1zz-fe is a 1.8L 100kw engine found in the ZZE122 Corolla, which is the previous model to the one in your picture.

Are you open to other ideas in building a track car, other than working on your current Corolla?

You could start with basic power modifications such as air intake and exhaust

But what if you start fresh with a more suitable car, such as an old Honda Civic? They're light, cheap and should be enjoyable track cars with a few modifications.

I'm just not sure if i'd invest money into the Corolla to make it a track car, especially since it uses the 1.6L engine, and not the 1.8L engines we get here in Australia.

Thanks for the heads up. All along I thought the 1ZZ was 1.6. You guys might think that I'm probably out of my wits with this idea but truth of the matter is, I'd just like to do it because it's never been tried before here.

Also, the fact that we have very little to zero aftermarket support for the Corolla here in the Philippines is not helping.

I am open with the IHE upgrade, I'd just like to find out my options with the manufacturers.

Many thanks!

Whats never been done before ? Track car ?

No has yet to race a late model Corolla/Altis back here in the Philippines.

We have dedicated 92's and 101's and the model after that which are dedicated race cars, most of them NA running the Hi Horse engines and a handful running the 4EF-TE's.

I don't plan on stripping my car to bare metal; just to see the look on their faces when I go out on the track and make decent numbers would be enough.

Just to give you an idea..... here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QlJD6fq3pgg

Yes, we run a mangy course... and sometimes we have cows as moving targets every now and then.. but we're happy. Hehehehehe..

Track spec? time attack? Im not sure you know what you are getting yourself into here

- coilovers

- sway bars

- strut braces

- CAI

- Exhaust

- Engine chip

- Strip interior

- SEMI SLICKS!

and thats just the basics... lol

You can easily spend over $10,000 AUD on making that car go fast.

Edited by 4ABHGE

Have you considered suspension and tyres, learn the track and what not before you go silly with the car? Also if you are asking these questions I am very unsure if you have the mechanical knowledge to undertake such a task.

Telling you from experience, start simple and work your way up dude. Coils and tyres. kgo.

Have you considered suspension and tyres, learn the track and what not before you go silly with the car? Also if you are asking these questions I am very unsure if you have the mechanical knowledge to undertake such a task.

Telling you from experience, start simple and work your way up dude. Coils and tyres. kgo.

I was just thinking out loud. Quite sorry for that...

But just like you said, Suspension, Brakes and Traction are key for a fairly competitive track car.

We have quite a few coilovers here that came from Taiwan... BC, D2, Advance, Emotion, and so on. Usually, 32 dampening settings, and you can specify the spring rates ( I was kinda leaning more on 6 upfront and 4 at the rear)

For brakes, initially it'll be goodrich lines and some hi temp pads. Not quite sure if there are BBK's for our type of Corolla.

Sometimes it just gets so frustrating when your engine is too slow for the chassis.

• 4 months later...

start of the season....

car did about 2 minutes 21 seconds on a 4.2 kms track. it fared pretty well (in my opinion) being not on the bottom 5 of the bracket pack.

all i have in there are lowering springs and a SRI. i was kinda meaning to shave around 10 seconds off my time.... it all boils down to research and you guys.

thanks in advance.....

_MG_5048_zps0a9b88c1.jpg

_MG_4868_zps657553f9.jpg

_MG_4802_zps593944c9.jpg

_MG_4790_zpsb85c2464.jpg