G-Tech fun in the Stivo

I have borrowed a G-Tech from a mate for a few weeks and here are the results of my first few 0-100 runs:

(1) 1st run I bogged down in 1st (too few revs) and also crunched the 1-2 shift but still did a 9.0 flat

(2) 2nd run, I launched with too many revs and spun both front wheels, but managed a 8.6

My feeling is that 8.4 or a bit quicker is probably quite accurate. BTW, my car is new - 3200kms old. With some practice and some nice flat, straight roads I think the best I can expect is low 8 second runs.

The G-Tech also measures stopping distance from 100km/h, and the best I've managed so far is 42 metres with no-ABS, and 56 metres with full-on ABS stopping. That's a big difference and an incentive not to use the ABS if you want to stop quickly (in a straight line).

Finally, running around with the G-Tech constantly measuring G forces, it is clear that the highest acceleration occurs at launch, reaching a max of 0.42-0.44 G at around 20 km/h in 1st gear. Acceleration tails off to about 0.3 G at 6000rpm, and only reaches about 0.35-0.36 G in lift.

Conversely, during breaking (without ABS) I can exceed -1.0 G.

I haven't yet reached my best 0-100 time and I will also post some 1/4 mile times when I find a nice, smooth, flat, straight and deserted road around Adelaide to do my runs. It would be nice not to have cops around too.

Did you manage to land in lift in 2nd gear? What revs did you go up to in 1st, 8000rpm or 8200rpm? Also are you feeling it hard to shift in lift from 1st to 2nd? My Stivo has around 2500kms and it feels real tight when in lift..

I lifted the thing from day 1 but not on too many occassions. When i clocked a few hundred ks, i did a decent lift run to "run in" the car and had been lifting it quite occassionally since then. Hit the limiter a few times already, just got caught out sometimes, not on purpose :lol:

I will never forget the morning I came across it. The morning mists were clearing on Springvale road. The red light camly starring at me, holding me back from unleashing my 141kw on the poor unsuspecting rubber. The WRX next to me creaping forward revs rising. The red light blinks and changes to green allowing us to unleash the fury beneath us. Unexpected it happens... A scream from the far side of the REX pierces the air and a read phantom appears from the noise. A red Sportivo not like mine, for it is not loosing ground on the WRX, for it is but the WRX that is loosing ground to it. Into the distant mists it did dissapear, not to be seen again!

Forget this morning I will cannot, for since then talk I have heard. Talk of large money and a project it funded. Of custom made camshafts and lightweight forged high compression internals from those of TODA racing Japan, of full custom exhaust & extractors made specifically for this car, of a full custom Motec installation that still retained the factory computer to control lift and of a heavily moddified & ported intake manifold (said to create a very specific swirl pattern for the mixture entering the cylinders). A figure going to $30 grand it is said!

I believe this is what I saw that early morning. It smoked the WRX and the REX was not standard from the factory floor.

I still live in hope of seeing it once more, even at times taking the path of Springvale Rd when it is not needed... Hopefully to cross paths once more.

Maybe a phatom it was. Hear about it in wispers only, but none have seen it for sure. Maybe just a local myth or legend... but on that one morning the WRX & I did see something, although just a glimmer as it quickly disapeared into that horizon! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

(Disclaimer: For fear of being labelled not truthful or for exageration without documented proof, or statuatory declarations written in virginal blood the author has chosen to tell of his tale in fable)

Red Phantom my azzzz , It was Peekay in his Rolla  :D , or Stewart having another wet dream  :P  :P  :P

I think Peekay may get a little nervous if you use his name and me having a wet dream in the same post. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry Peekay I state for the record that I do not or never have found you attractive in any way, shape or form :unsure:

But lucio_libre you might be a different story.... Grrrrrrrrrr! :lol::lol:

Oh Stewart but thats not what you said last night.....Lucio I think he fancys you....I am so jealous..... :D :D :P :P ..lol

Yes, yes indeed Peekay, i remember clearly the way he crossed his legs on your couch while watching the Melb GP :lol::lol::lol: , but i dont like red cars :) so sorry guys :( :( :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to disturb your private moments boyz but back to the topic, why are the UK T-Sports so much quicker? You are talking 1 full second! I was thinking maybe the launch technique? Weight or weight distribution differences due to less doors? Tyre difference? Different bumper :blink: !!?? Still couldn't possibly be 1 second off! We have the same motor right and fuel quality as well.

Would love to be able to tell people the Stivo is able to do a 7plus 0-100 instead of an 8 plus 0-100. And that 14.8 quarter would be a joke here because that would make it quicker than the Type-R and 200SX here in Australia... skeptical... :ph34r:

Can someone with a STOCK Stivo please prove me wrong and say you could do a 0-100 in the 7s, please!

ZEE

I think the problem in Aus is the driver...

European mags that tested t-sports had 7.14 to 8.4 times. Depends on the mag.

7.14 hot italians, 8.4 lazy poles...

BBC Top Gear tested 7.4 on wet. Beat Type R by .5 sec!

14.8 was on Santa Pod. They have extremely sticky tarmac + excellent driver.

On normal tarmac, 0-400 m championships in Poland fully stock TS did 15.1 or 15.2, cant remember.

I think the problem in Aus is the driver...

European mags that tested t-sports had 7.14 to 8.4 times. Depends on the mag.

7.14 hot italians, 8.4 lazy poles...

BBC Top Gear tested 7.4 on wet. Beat Type R by .5 sec!

14.8 was on Santa Pod. They have extremely sticky tarmac + excellent driver.

On normal tarmac, 0-400 m championships in Poland fully stock TS did 15.1 or 15.2, cant remember.

I have seen Best Motoring tests of the Celica with 2ZZGE and it only managed a 15.8s vs the Civic Type-R's 15.3s. And that was in Japan with better fuel and professional race car drivers. So i just cannot see how a low 15 or even high 14 is possible for the T-Sport. Anyway, i will be doing my own tests soon to see how quick i can run mine. I was also thinking could be due to the speedo in MPH instead of KM/H. Hmm....

• 4 weeks later...