overfill engine oil

jnu123

1cm shouldn't really cause a problem. i've done it before. but i've got a 1,8L engine. yaris have a 1.3L in the povo spec and 1,5L in the higher range. so the ratio to overfilling by 1cm would be different. if you're that worried just drain abit out of the sump and away you go... when i overfilled it, i had to drain it out and put it back in. also check if your driveway is on an angle, might not look as bad as it is. but going by what u said: 1L overfill is quite a lot on a yaris engine.

Take it back to the workshop and get them to do it, make sure you check the oi level correctly though, like kenshin said make sure its on a straight surface and not uphill/downhill

I dunno if or how much problem the extra oil will cause, but why leave it like that when you know its a problem

• 4 weeks later...

i've just recently done a service on my yaris. i definitely used more than 4L of oil, probably around the vicinity of 4.5L.. I'll check this tomorrow.

either way, it should be fine.

note: method of filling was fill, check, fill, check, run engine, check, fill, check, run engine, check.

Shouldnt be any issues, as long as its not too full like at the top of the dipstick... heard of someone doing just that putting 20+ litres in their motor and it died fairly quickly... LOL

Shouldnt be any issues, as long as its not too full like at the top of the dipstick... heard of someone doing just that putting 20+ litres in their motor and it died fairly quickly... LOL

sick.

yeah yarii only used 3-3.5lt of oil. Just drain any extra out.

When checking the oil, always make sure the car is on a flat surface, and never go on the first reading. check it 2-3 times and always use the 2nd or 3rd reading.

• 4 weeks later...